Trade Coordinator: Andie Anderson
Open Announcements for Applications
Rogue Valley HVAC/R JATC (MA# 5022)
Date of Notice: February 17, 2023
The JATC opens for applications (every other year) and/or when the pool of eligible apprentices falls below a certain number.
- An open announcement will be issued 30 days in advance to the public releasing dates for accepting new applications.
- A specific time and place to apply will be noted on the open announcement and the application period will be open for 10 days.
Reminders and Next Steps
- When there is an open announcement pick up an application and review the packet to ensure interest in the program.
- Be sure to sign the "Application Log."
- Return completed application with copies of documentation of all minimum requirements (incomplete applications will not be considered).
- Selection of apprentices will be done by random selection/drawing.
The Training Program
- See what courses are needed to complete an HVAC Apprenticeship at RCC on our Program Maps:
- Term of apprenticeship is 8,000 hours of on-the-job training.
- Related training hours in the classroom are a total of 576 hours.
- Examples of some Work Processes that will be learned are:
- Installation and service of HVAC/R
- Piping, brazing, and soldering
- Limited energy installations, including cables and supports, wire pulling, etc.
- Trouble shooting and maintenance
- Many other topics
- At least 18 years of age
- High School Diploma or GED®
- Completion of one year of high school algebra/integrated math 2 or equivalent post high school algebra course(s) with grade “C” or better, or an equivalent post high school placement test.