Rogue Community College's counseling and advising staff are here to help you maximize your college experience. We want to help you be successful: whether you're a new student; returning student; or are currently enrolled.
Program Advising is provided by instructors who teach in the program which you have chosen. Program Advisors can:
- Answer questions about the college and your particular educational objectives;
- Help with program planning and course scheduling to meet your academic goals;
- Answer questions about transferring to other colleges and provide assistance in contacting the transfer college;
- Monitor your progress and provide help as needed; and
- Provide information about the careers you can have with that degree.
- Meeting with your Program Advisor helps ensure you succeed while at RCC. Meeting with your program advisor will help ensure you are on track to graduate in a timely manner.
- If you are program ready, have completed reading 30, Writing 115, and Math 60, see the list of staff who will make an appointment for you to meet with a program advisor in your focus area.
Students who have selected one of the following majors must see their Program Advisor immediately. For a complete list of programs, see the programs table.
Academic Advising is provided by Counseling Department staff for students who:
- have not decided on a program of study;
- whose major is either the Associate of Arts Oregon Transfer Degree (AAOT) or Associate of General Studies (AGS) without a focus area; or
- have selected a major outside these programs and have not completed Reading 30, Writing 115and/or Math 60levels.
- Completing, or testing out of, these course means you are program ready and need to see a Program Advisor.
- Counseling Staff are available to help you on a walk-in basis or by appointment. Please call 541-956-7192 (RWC), 541-245-7552 (RVC), or 541-245-7863 (TRC) if you would like to make an appointment
- If you are working on an AAOT, or AGS, without a focus area and are planning to transfer you can meet with our Transfer Specialist Advisor Darren Van Lehn .
Counseling Department Hours and Locations