Image: Jump to Content Disability Services
Rogue Community College
Rogue Community College
Phone Search Menu Search
Department Banner


Rogue Community College's counseling and advising staff are here to help you maximize your college experience. We want to help you be successful: whether you're a new student; returning student; or are currently enrolled.


Program Advising is provided by instructors who teach in the program which you have chosen. Program Advisors can:

    • Answer questions about the college and your particular educational objectives;
    • Help with program planning and course scheduling to meet your academic goals;
    • Answer questions about transferring to other colleges and provide assistance in contacting the transfer college;
    • Monitor your progress and provide help as needed; and
    • Provide information about the careers you can have with that degree.
  • Meeting with your Program Advisor helps ensure you succeed while at RCC. Meeting with your program advisor will help ensure you are on track to graduate in a timely manner.
  • If you are program ready, have completed reading 30, Writing 115, and Math 60, see the list of staff who will make an appointment for you to meet with a program advisor in your focus area.

Students who have selected one of the following majors must see their Program Advisor immediately. For a complete list of programs, see the programs table.

Academic Advising is provided by Counseling Department staff for students who:

  • have not decided on a program of study;
  • whose major is either the Associate of Arts Oregon Transfer Degree (AAOT) or Associate of General Studies (AGS) without a focus area; or
  • have selected a major outside these programs and have not completed Reading 30, Writing 115and/or Math 60levels.
    • Completing, or testing out of, these course means you are program ready and need to see a Program Advisor.
WritingRounded Rectangle: Writing Tree Graphic
ReadingRounded Rectangle: Reading Tree Graphic
MathRounded Rectangle: Math Tree Graphic
  • Counseling Staff are available to help you on a walk-in basis or by appointment. Please call 541-956-7192 (RWC), 541-245-7552 (RVC), or 541-245-7863 (TRC) if you would like to make an appointment
  • If you are working on an AAOT, or AGS, without a focus area and are planning to transfer you can meet with our Transfer Specialist Advisor Darren Van Lehn .

Counseling Department Hours and Locations