Getting Started/Apply for Financial Aid
Aplicando para Ayuda Financiera
Applying for Financial Aid is as easy as 1-2-3
The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is at https://studentaid.gov/h/apply-for-aid/fafsa.
You can apply for federal and state need-based, grant aid and the availability to participate in need-based scholarship, student employment and/or student loan options by visiting https://studentaid.gov/h/apply-for-aid/fafsa. For scholarship information and application links, visit the scholarship website.
Oregon residents who have undocumented status, Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) status, and/or Temporary Protected Status (TPS) should complete the ORSAA* instead of the FAFSA. ORSAA applicants can disregard the information below and, once the ORSAA is submitted, watch their Financial Aid Status page on myRogue for updates from our Financial Aid Office.
FAFSA/Renewal FAFSA on the Web
The 3-Step Process:
- STEP 1: Complete the FAFSA on the Web
- STEP 2: Respond to Correspondence
- STEP 3: Take Charge of Your Finances
STEP 1: Complete the FAFSA or ORSAA online.
Complete your annual FAFSA online as soon after October 1 as possible.
As you complete the FAFSA on the Web, read and follow the online instructions carefully and be prepared to provide the following information:
- Your social security number
- Individual student information (e.g., marital status, veteran status, etc.)
- Tax information (The FAFSA allows you to link your tax information directly from the IRS using the Data Retrieval Tool. Have your filing status, exact address from your tax return, and AGI to utilize this feature). Be sure to click the “Transfer Now” button.
- Assets (e.g. cash, saving, and checking account information as of the day you file the FAFSA)
- Review the information you have entered on the FAFSA and make sure it is correct before you press the "submit" button. A complete and accurate FAFSA is an important step in the smooth processing of your student financial aid application.
Whatever option you choose for completing the FAFSA, be sure to list RCC’s FAFSA School Code (#010071) in Step Six. Using this code will ensure RCC receives your FAFSA information. This is the code for all RCC campuses.