|Su ||Mo ||Tu ||We ||Th ||Fr ||Sa |
| || || ||1 ||2 ||3 ||4 |
|5 ||6 ||7 ||8 ||9 ||10 ||11 |
|12 ||13 ||14 ||15 ||16 ||17 ||18 |
|19 ||20 ||21 ||22 ||23 ||24 ||25 |
|26 ||27 ||28 ||29 ||30 ||31 || |
Checklist: During high school before transitioning to RCC
- I am taking high school courses that will get me into college.
- I am attending my Individual Education Plan (IEP) meetings.
- I have discussed my psycho-educational assessment with my school psychologist, counselor, special education teacher, and my parents.
- I can describe my disability in detail.
- I know the kinds of accommodations that will provide me with an equal opportunity to succeed in college.
- At the time I apply to college, my psycho-educational assessment will be less than three years old.
- My reading and writing skills, with or without accommodations, are at qualifying levels. (Generally expected to be 6th grade or above).
- I have improved my study skills.
- I am taking on more difficult tasks without the help of my teachers or parents.
- I have an appointment with the RCC Disability Services Staff to find out what services are offered at the college.
- I have learned about the college placement test and have discussed what accommodations I may need with the Disability Services Staff.
- I have visited Rogue Community College.
Checklist: When You Are Enrolled In College
- I have met with the Disability Services Staff to discuss my courses and whether or not I need accommodations.
- I am taking the advice of the Disability Services Staff and I am following through with their recommendations.
- Where recommended, I have asked the Disability Services Office to write letters to my instructors requesting specific academic accommodations for equal access.
- I have talked to my instructors about the accommodations I need for their courses.
- I have developed a strong support network with whom I can share my successes and frustrations.
- I am using a daily/weekly/monthly planner to keep well organized.
- I have a place to study that is suitable to my learning style and I am using this location on a consistent basis.
- I have learned how to use the college library.
- I have located the free tutoring services on campus.
- I am using the special equipment or devices necessary for my success.
- I am studying, on average, for two to four hours daily. I am watching my progress closely. If I become overwhelmed by my course load, I am prepared to take fewer courses.