Fix Your Content Day 2023
May 18th, 2023, marks the 12th annual Global Accessibility Awareness Day (GAAD), and as part of our campus-wide commitment to inclusive education, RCC is participating in the Blackboard Ally Fix Your Content Day for the second year in a row!
For 24 hours, we’ll be on a mission to fix as many accessibility issues in Bb course files as we can. At the end of the day, the college with the most improved files will be recognized and awarded prizes. Globally, RCC was 24 out of 177 intuitions in 2022!
RCC Departments will be awarded prizes for percentages of documents remediated in Ally!
Agents of Content Correction Unite! To take on this mission, please:
- Click those red and orange indicators in your courses to reveal what needs to be fixed.
- Attend an Accessibility Drop-in Workshop hone and sharpen your powers of fixing. Zoom Room Link (Calendar invites to come)
- May 17, 9:00 - 12:00 p.m.
- FYCD - May 18, 8:00 - 4:00 p.m.
- On May 18, enjoy an espresso or two and improve as many files as you can. The Zoom link above will be open all day for questions.
With your powers of fixing, we ask staff to focus on adding Alt-Text to images in Word and PowerPoint documents. Our mission is improvement, but 100% accessibility is attainable.
Who won last year? Who is the competition? I am glad you asked! Fix Your Content Day Results
Thank you so much for being part of creating a more inclusive learning environment for RCC students!