Welcome! We are happy you are interested in
learning about dual credit with RCC!
RCC’s College Now program offers high school students the opportunity to earn college and high school credit simultaneously while still in high school. College Now are regular RCC courses but taught at your high school by an approved high school teacher. The high school course is aligned with an RCC course and meets all the requirements of the college course. There are no tuition or fees charged for College Now courses.
Why take college courses while in high school?
- RCC’s College Now courses have no tuition, fees, or book costs. This is a huge savings for you and your family.
- Earn credits towards a certificate or degree and enter college with courses completed.
- You will have access to RCC’s resources, such as the library and tutoring services.
- Gain confidence for college success.
- Research shows dual credit students are more likely to finish college.
- RCC credits are transferable to public colleges and universities within the Oregon university system and most other institutions outside the state. It is always important to check with the college or university you plan on attending to see how these credits will be applied.
- If you are entering the military, you may earn a higher rank with college credit.