Skip to content
Spacer RCC Risk Management

Risk Management

Risk and Liability Insurances

Risk Management maintains and serves as the primary point of contact for the College’s insurance coverage.

Requests for Certificates of Insurance

When entering into a written agreement/contract, businesses and individuals often require proof of insurance from the third-party with which they are contracting. Proof of insurance is commonly shown on a certificate of insurance.

There are two types of requests, an outside or third-party requesting proof that the college is insured, or the college requesting proof of insurance from a third party or contractor.

Certificates should be requested for the following activities:

  • a college event or activity at an off-campus location
  • a college contract with a third party (certificate of insurance may be required)

To request the certificate, send the following information to the Risk Management Department:

  • description of contract/event (please attach contract/agreement)
  • location of event, if applicable
  • beginning and end dates
  • name and address of certificate holder
  • email address of certificate holder
  • phone number of certificate holder
  • RCC contact name, phone number, email and fax number
  • insurance limits requested - if not specified, standard insurance limits will be shown on the certificate

Rogue Community College is unable to add an additional insured endorsement. When requested, a form letter stating such will be sent with the certificate.

Minimum coverage requirements for vendors and contractors:  $1,000,000 per occurrence; $2,000,000 general aggregate.  RCC shall be named Additional Insured. Depending on the contract, proof of auto liability and workers’ compensation may also be required.

Description of Colleges Insurance Coverage

  • Auto Liability Coverage
    • Protects the College against financial loss due to legal liability for automobile-related injuries to others, and/or damage to their property by an auto.
    • When a department purchases a vehicle, the following information needs to be submitted to the Office of Emergency and Risk Management as soon as possible for insurance purposes:
      • Year;
      • Make;
      • Model;
      • Vehicle Identification Number;
      • Value; and
      • E-Plate Number.
    • An insurance identification card will then be sent to the department. This identification card is to be kept in the vehicle at all times. New identification cards are issued at the beginning of each fiscal year. All new vehicles must be licensed with an E-plate and identified with the RCC logo.
  • Volunteer Insurance
    • Provides limited accident coverage for volunteers.  Coverage does not extend to anyone other than official College volunteers. Unpaid interns and practicum students placed in jobs at the College are considered volunteers. Volunteer paperwork should be completed and submitted to Human Resources.
  • General Liability Insurance
    • Protects the College from claims alleging bodily injury or property damage caused by direct or indirect actions of the College or its employees or agents within the course and scope of their College responsibilities.  Includes various types of liability coverage, such as Employment Practices Liability, Errors & Omissions, and Management Liability.
  • Professional Liability
    • Professional liability refers to the obligation to pay for damages incurred by negligent acts when a professional fail to provide care or service that meets the standard of practice for the profession (typically medical).  RCC's primary exposure to Professional Liability comes from its Nursing and EMS programs, and other programs in Allied Health directly relating to a clinical environment.  Professional Liability is included in the General Liability policy, but incidental medical malpractice (which is considered professional liability) is defined in the policy as covering the Allied Health, Nursing, and EMS clinicals.
  • Workers Comp Insurance Coverage
    • Workers Compensation insurance protects employees by paying for medical treatment and lost wages that they are entitled to under the law.  This is the exclusive remedy for workplace accidents in Oregon.