Concurrent Enrollment Program
College + ESL or GED® Simultaneously
Take college courses with support while completing your GED® or studying English, and RCC will pay for them!
To be eligible, you must:
- Be a current GED® & Pre-College Education student
- Complete an interest form by the end of the 6th week of the term prior to the term in which you would like to take your college class(es)
- Be recommended by your current PCE instructor based on classwork, attendance and participation
- GED® students score "Likely to Pass" on the relevant GED® Ready Practice Test and pass at least two official GED® tests
- ESL students score a 236 on the ESL CASAS and successfully complete a relevant PCE class in English with other English-speaking students
- Not yet eligible to receive federal financial aid (FAFSA) at time of acceptance into the Concurrent Enrollment Program
- Be approved for admission to our Concurrent Enrollment Program by our screening committee of lead instructors.
Once Admitted to our Concurrent Enrollment Program:
- You will get to choose to take up to 8 credits worth of college courses. RCC will pay your college course tuition/fees and allow you to check-out required textbooks at the RCC library. You will only be responsible for the $65 PCE term fee. This is a savings of about $1,000!
- You will take a support course with built-in tutoring and question-and-answer time that will complement your college course(s)
- In certain circumstances, you will be allowed to bypass prerequisite courses to get ahead on your college certificate/degree
- If you are interested in a short-term certificate program, such as Nursing Assistant 1 or a program in our Allied Health Occupations, we may be able to fund up to $600 of the program. Please reach out to Britta Walker with your plans, and options can be discussed.
- STEP participants get priority registration, a stipend of up to $200 for purchasing required textbooks/materials and up to 4 additional college credits (up to 12 total) paid for by RCC.
- Learn more about our STEP program at the link.
Britta Walker, Concurrent Enrollment Program Coordinator
College Courses Offered Through Concurrent Enrollment Spring Term 2024
EET101 – Introduction to Electronics (3 credits)
BA101 – Introduction to Business (4 credits)
ART131 – Introduction to Drawing (Value) (3 credits)
AH100 – Medical Terminology (3 credits)
ECE125 – Early Childhood Development (3 credits)
CIS120 – Concepts in Computing I (2 credits)
*Please see the Schedule of Classes on our website for detailed course descriptions and meeting times/locations.