Eye Health Resources
Apply for free eye exam and glasses through Prevent Blindness
- Free eye exams and glasses
- Hoja informativa en español
- zhōngwén xìnxībiǎo
- Bảng thông tin bằng tiếng Việt
- Информационный лист на русском языке
Who can apply?
You may be eligible if you have:
- Family income at or under 200% of Federal Poverty Level guidelines.
- No insurance (private or government program) that covers the eye exam and/or glasses.
- Not received care through a VSP program during the last 12 months.
What will I get?
- If you are approved, you will get a gift certificate for a free exam and/or glasses at a participating Vision Service Provider.
Click here for details, including limits and a list of local providers who will accept the certificate.
How do I apply?
Follow these steps:
- Fill out the application
- Email the completed application to [email protected].
- We will submit it to Prevent Blindness.
- Prevent Blindness will let you know in 3 - 4 weeks if you are approved.
What if I have questions?
After you send in your application, you will receive a Gift Certificate that you can then use to make an appointment with a local eye doctor: Look for one that carries brands like Marchon NYC, Lenton&Rusby and Altair.
When you’ve found your doctor, call them to make an appointment. Let them know you have a VSP Eyes of Hope gift certificate for an exam, lenses and frame. Bring the VSP certificate with you to the appointment.
What your certificate pays for:
- Comprehensive eye exam.
- Up to $150 of Marchon or Altair brand frame.
- Polycarbonate lenses if you are under 19 years old.
- ONLY Single vision or lined multifocal lenses.
NO progressive lens, NO tinting, NO transitional lens
You may use 1 certificate every 12 months.
- Use the certificate before the expiration date.
- You must get your eye exam and eyewear from the same place.
VSP Eyes of Hope