RCC Military Services
Student Military Responsibilities
Guidelines for Students receiving Military Educational Benefits:
- The Military student is responsibility to obtain official academic transcripts from all institutions that you have previously attended.
- RCC will only certify for two terms without having an evaluation of the above transcripts.
- The Military student must notify your Veterans Coordinator if you change your degree objective (college and/or degree).
- An evaluation of Prior Credits is required whenever you change your degree.
- Only classes that apply directly toward your degree may be certified to the VA.
- If you drop a class or take a class that does not apply to your degree, you will be responsible for a pay back to the Veterans Administration (VA) as an overpayment.
- Please report to your Military Coordinator any changes in your enrollment status.
- You must earn a 2.00 term grade point average (GPA) or you will be put on academic probation. Academic probation for three consecutive terms may be cause for suspension. (Satisfactory Academic Standing & Progress)
- Termination of VA benefits will result if:
A.) You are academically suspended by the College; or
B.) You complete three consecutive terms with a term GPA below 2.00.
- Withdrawing ("W") or completing a course with a "NP" or "Z" grade will be reported to VA by your Military Coordinator. This may cause an "overpayment" and require a payment back to VA
- The VA will not pay for self-paced courses, audits, repeats of successfully complete courses, incompletes, or credit by exam or "W" courses.
- All courses must run the full length of the term.
- Incomplete grades must be completed within one academic year or an overpayment may occur.
- Summer term is a non-standard term and 8 credits are considered as full time status with the VA. If you also receive financial aid from RCC, full-time status is 12 credits.