facebook icon
Skip to content
Spacer RCC Military Services

RCC Military Services

Steps to Apply for VA Education Benefits

In addition to following the steps necessary to enroll in classes at RCC, there are steps you must follow if you intend to apply for Military Educational Benefits.

  1. Using your VA Educational Benefits, you must be pursuing a degree or certificate program that has been approved by the VA. The Veterans Coordinator on the Redwood and Table Rock campuses may assist you on a program of interest approved by the VA.
  2. Students applying for the GI Bill®: Must be completed online for VA Educational Benefits at Vets.gov.
  3. After applying for your GI Bill®, please contact your RCC Military Student Coordinator when you receive your Certificate of Eligibility (COE).
    Your Military Coordinator will complete your Enrollment Certification form to activate your benefits.

Please note: The RCC Military Services does not determine your eligibility for benefits. Your eligibility is determined by the Veterans Affairs Office in Muskogee, Oklahoma when you apply online.

gi bill logoThe Application Process

Apply online at Vets.gov for your GI Bill®.

The information listed below will help you to understand the options available to you.

Explore your GI Bill® Benefit Options

Montgomery GI Bill® - Active Duty Educational Assistance Program Chapter 30

If you were active duty on/after July 1, 1985, and contributed $1200 to the VA Education Benefits-Active Duty Educational Assistance Program; or if you earned an honorable discharge at some time in your military career and your final discharge was no more than 10 years ago; or you are currently on active duty.

Veteran Readiness and Employment (VR&E) Chapter 31

If you have a service-connected disability which limits your ability to work or prevents you from working, VR&E may assist you in attending college.

Post-9/11 Chapter 33

You may be eligible for education benefits if you meet at least one of these requirements. At least one of these must be true:

  • You served at least 90 days on active duty (either all at once or with breaks in service) on or after September 11, 2001, or
  • You received a Purple Heart on or after September 11, 2001, and were honorably discharged after any amount of service, or
  • You served for at least 30 continuous days (all at once, without a break in service) on or after September 11, 2001, and were honorably discharged with a service-connected disability, or
  • You're a dependent child using benefits transferred by a qualifying Veteran or service member

CH33 Payment Rates

Montgomery GI Bill® - Selected Reserve Educational Program Chapter 1606

If you are currently actively serving in a component of the selected Reserve or National Guard.

GI Bill Benefits for Spouses and Dependents

Active Duty Members for Post 9/11 Transfer

Survivors' and Dependents' Educational Assistance Program Chapter 35

If you are the spouse or dependent of a service member and one of the descriptions listed below is true of the service member, you may be eligible for VA education benefits, CH 35 benefits. One of these must be true:

  • The service member died in the line of duty after September 10, 2001, or
  • The service member is missing in action or was captured in the line of duty by a hostile force, or
  • The service member was detained (held) by force while in the line of duty by a foreign government or power, or
  • The service member is in the hospital or getting outpatient treatment for a service-connected permanent and total disability, and is likely to be discharged for that disability. A service-connected permanent and total disability is a disability resulting from your service that doesn't go away.

You may be eligible for VA education benefits CH35 if you're the child or spouse of a Veteran and one of the descriptions listed below is true of the Veteran.

  • Is permanently and totally disabled due to a service-connected disability, or
  • Died while on active duty or as a result of a service-connected disability

Pay Tables

Pay rates are updated each year, usually in October. Military students may be eligible for additional tuition assistance, or "kickers." Contact the VA directly at 1-888-442-4551 for specific payment questions.

12 Credits and Above
Full-Time Pay Rate

9, 10, or 11 Credits
3/4 Time Pay Rate

6, 7, or 8 Credits
1/2 Time Pay Rate

1, 2, 3, 4, or 5 Credits
Only Tuition and Fees are Paid

Summer Term
Full time is generally 8 credits*

*Please check with the RCC Military Student Coordinator to verify your monthly rate.

How to Obtain a Copy of your DD-214

If you need to obtain a copy of your DD-214, you may use the Veterans’ Service Records Request System


Your gateway to benefit information covering education, health care, pension, home loans, personnel file and much more.

Questions for the VA?

Call at 888-GIBILL-1 (888-442-4551) between 7 a.m. - 6 p.m. Central Time, Monday-Friday
Ask VA - is available worldwide 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

sva of america
military friendly school 2021-22
service members opportunitiy colleges since 1972
sva of america
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site.