Pursuant to legislation passed by Congress, educational institutions receiving federal funding are required to hold an educational program pertaining to the United States Constitution on September 17 of each year (in the event that September 17 falls on a weekend or holiday, schools must schedule a program immediately before or after that date).
On September 17, 1787 at Constitution Hall in Philadelphia, the Founding Fathers signed the most influential document in American history: the United States Constitution. This document established the framework of our government and society and the rights and freedoms that “We the People” enjoy today. It is important that we all know our Constitution.
Links of interest:
- Constitution Day Video
- Constitution Day Website
- Constitution Day, Inc.
- What the Constitution Means to Me (Amazon video)
- Justice Learning - Constitution Day
- The Library of Congress Website
- The National Archives Experience
- National Center for Constitutional Studies
- National Constitution Center
- PDF of Our Founding Fathers
- PDF of the US Constitution