Mission, Goals, & Objectives
The mission of the Rogue Community College Diversity Programming Board is to promote a community of inclusion and understanding by providing educational activities that honor and support students and staff in the areas of age, gender, religion, ability, socioeconomic status, race, ethnicity, culture, sexual orientation and family structure.
- Increase student and staff awareness and understanding of diversity issues at Rogue Community College campuses.
- Provide leadership and guidance to support and honor the diversity of our region.
- Support student initiated diversity activities.
- Demonstrate leadership in working with cultural diversity as expressed in staff and students’ ethnic, social, and educational backgrounds.
- Help students and staff to make cultural adjustments where necessary based on understanding the concerns of members of various racial, ethnic, social and cultural groups in order to foster a more inclusive and tolerant campus culture that will promote student retention.