29 Code of Federal Regulations Parts 1910.101 et seq.;
49 Code of Federal Regulations Parts 40 and 655;
ORS 654 (Oregon Safe Employment Act)
Federal Resource Conversation and Recovery Act
OAR 340 Department of Environmental Quality
The President shall establish administrative procedures to ensure the safety of employees and students on Rogue Community College sites, including the following:
- Compliance with the United States Department of Transportation regulations implementing the Federal Omnibus Transportation Employee Testing Act of 1991.
- Specifically, the College shall comply with the regulations of the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) and, if applicable, the Federal Transit Administration (FTA).
- Compliance with these policies and procedures may be a condition of employment.
- Establishment of an Injury and Illness Prevention Program in compliance with applicable OSHA regulations and state law. These procedures shall promote an active and aggressive program to reduce or control safety and health risks.
- Establishment of a Universal and Hazardous Waste Management Program, which shall include review of all chemicals or materials received by the College for hazardous properties, instruction for employees and students on the safe handling of such materials, and proper disposal methods for hazardous materials.
Rescinds Policy Number: VII.B.020, II.B.040
Adopted: January 10, 2020