ORS 294.805 to 294.895 (Local Government Investment Pool)
The College President ensures that the funds of the College not required for immediate needs are invested. The president shall appoint an Investment Officer to perform the investment functions for the College. Investments shall be in accordance with state law.
Investments shall be made based on the following criteria:
- Preserve the investment capital and principal.
- Maintain sufficient liquidity to enable Rogue Community College to meet all anticipated operating requirements, including construction draws of bond proceeds.
- Diversify to reduce unnecessary risk by avoiding over concentration in specific security types, issuance, issuer, industries, and, to the extent permitted by cash requirements, maturity ranges.
- Strive to maintain the maximum rate of return throughout budgetary and economic cycles given the constraints and spirit of this policy.
- Establish guidelines and procedures for investments pursuant to ORS Chapter 294
Rescinds Policy Number: IV.A.101
Adopted: January 21, 2020