NWCCU 2020 Standards 2.E.1, 2.E.2, 2.E.3
ORS 294.305 to 294.565 (Local Budget Law)
Each year, the College President shall present a budget to the Board of Education (Board). The schedule for presentation and review of budget proposals shall comply with state law and regulations, and provide adequate time for the Board to study.
Budget development shall meet the following criteria:
- The annual budget shall support the entity’s master and educational plans.
- Assumptions upon which the budget is based are presented to the Board for review.
- A schedule is provided to the Board by March of each year that includes dates for presentation of the proposed budget, public hearing(s), Board study session(s), and approval of the final budget. At the public hearings, interested persons may appear and address the Board regarding the proposed budget or any item in the proposed budget.
- Changes in the assumptions upon which the budget was based shall be reported to the Board in a timely manner.
- Budget projections address long-term goals and commitments.
Rescinds Policy Number: IV.A.020, IV.A.030
Adopted: January 21, 2020