ORS 279A, 279B, and 279C
Community College Rules of Procurement
NOTE: Members of the Participating Oregon Community Colleges (POCC) that have adopted the Community College Rules of Procurement (CCRP) follow those rules related to public procurement and consistent with ORS 279A, and 279B.
Department: The Contract and Procurement Office is responsible to ensure that the following is completed and that all statutory requirements are met.
Contact: Contract and Procurement Director (541) 956-7200
To ensure fair competition and appropriate use of public funds, bids or quotations shall be obtained to obtain the lowest possible prices and best value as follows:
- Purchase of goods or services in the amount of $10,000 or more will require at least three (3) documented quotes.
- Purchase of goods or services in the amount of $150,000 or more will require a formal solicitation process (Request for Proposal, Invitation to Bid).
Purchases of goods or services in the amount of $100,000 or more must be approved by the College’s Board of Education prior to purchase and/or award.
- The College President may approve an exception if it is determined that immediate action should be taken to avoid adverse action to College business or for circumstances that will impede educational processes. In the case of such an exception, the College President shall notify the Board of Education of the exception within a reasonable time period. Exceptions shall be documented and approved by the Board of Education through formal resolution at the next scheduled Board of Education Meeting.
Quotes for goods and services shall be for comparable items to ensure the best overall value and cost. Formal quotes are preferred. However, informal quotes are acceptable as listed below.
- Informal quotes may be obtained for purchases from $10,000 to $99,999. An informal quote can be a documented internet search, documented phone conversation, screen print or email quoted by a vendor.
- Formal quote as provided by a vendor should be obtained as is feasible in order to ensure that all pricing is honored and accurate. A formal quote typically includes an expiration and payment terms and should include all items to be purchased including any shipping, handing and tariff charges.
A formal solicitation is required for any purchase of $150,000 or more unless the vendor is contracted through a State of Oregon Price Agreement or an acceptable Cooperative Procurement Group that meets statutory requirements.
A formal solicitation process will be conducted by the Contract and Procurement Office to ensure that the process meets all requirements for fair and open competition.
Rescinds Procedure Number: None
Approved: November 5, 2019