NWCCU 2020 Standard 1.C.4
Title 8, U.S. Code Sections 1101 et seq.
Under United States Department of Homeland Security regulations, Rogue Community College is authorized to enroll international students on Nonimmigrant F-1 and M-1 Student Visas. All RCC international students must be 18 years of age or older by the first day of class, and/or a high school graduate. International admission requirements are available in the Office of Admissions and Recruitment and on the RCC website. The Admissions Officer, or designee, makes final admission determination.
- All International Students
To be considered for admission, international students must satisfy the following admission requirements:
- Complete the RCC International Student Application for Admission
- Provide a Statement of Financial Responsibility
- Complete the Certification of Sources and Funds showing at least one year’s expenses.
- Provide an official bank statement that includes an official signature, bank seal, and date to verify the financial statement.
- If the student’s home country’s official language is not English, students must provide of English language proficiency demonstrated by the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score of 58 on the internet-based exam, 490 or above on the paper-based exam or 167 on the computer-based exam. The ELS Language Center completion level of 109 will be accepted in lieu of TOEFL.
- Complete the Affidavit of Support Form
- Sign a Student Academic Agreement form
- Complete the placement process upon arrival for initial course placement.
- International Transfer Students
Students applying for Admissions who currently hold an F-1 or M-1 Visa are considered “Transfer” International Students. In addition to the requirements stated above in one (1), students must meet the following requirements for admissions:
- Provide Official US high school and/or college transcripts, whichever applicable.
- Provide a copy of student’s current passport, Visa with an I-94 stamp and current I-20.
- Complete and submit the International Student Transfer Form, after receiving official RCC Acceptance Letter.
- New International Students
Students who are not on a F-1 or M-1 visa and are required to apply at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate are considered “new” international students. In addition to the requirements stated above in one (1), students must meet the following requirements for admissions:
- Prospective students must pay a $350 SEVIS Form I-901 fee before going to the US embassy or consulate for the visa interview. Student must provide proof of payment to RCC.
- Copy of the student’s current passport. Upon arrival, student must submit a copy of the I-94.
After the application process is completed and approved, the college will issue a Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) I-20 (Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant F-1 or M-1 Student Status), when appropriate.
- Conditions of Continued Enrollment
- All information must be on file at least six weeks prior to the beginning of each term to ensure admission for that term.
- If admitted, international students will be issued a Form I-20 Certificate of Eligibility for use in securing a student (F-1 or M-1) Visa.
- Admitted students must adhere to all U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) regulations.
- Students must maintain full-time enrollment at all times and be registered for 9+ credits in-person (not online). Only exceptions allowed under federal law will permit the student to be enrolled in less than full-time status.
- Students must notify the designated Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) Officer of all address changes or travel outside the USA.
- International students are required to follow the RCC Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy.
- Students who are non-compliant may be administratively withdrawn from the college and will be reported into SEVP
See also: BP 5010 Admissions and Concurrent Enrollment, AP 5010 Admissions, AP 5011 Admissions and Concurrent Enrollment of High School and Other Young Students, BP/AP 5015 Residence Determination, and BP/AP 5020 Nonresident Tuition.
Rescinds Procedure Number: None
Approved: May 19, 2020