Math Tutorial Information
The Tutoring Centers offer math assistance for all math courses taught at RCC. In general, the tutors will review and explain mathematical concepts. To assist the tutors to better serve you, please do the following when visiting the centers:
- Come to the center having completed the required reading. Check with your instructor if you have any questions about your assignment.
- Come with questions regarding specific problem areas. You should know what you want the tutor to look over.
- Be sure to have the original problem in the text available to show the tutor. Sometimes problems are a result of simple copying errors.
- Don't wait until the last minute to see us.
- Give your math assignment and your visit to the center your best efforts.
Our staff cannot offer:
- Assistance with class assignments, lab assignments or extra credit assignments. These are generally even numbered problems, though tutors will assist with similar problems to be used as a guide.
- A lengthy instructional service - rely on your instructor.
- A proofing or correcting service.