RCC/SOU Transfer Agreement
The College/University Connection
Students can benefit from simultaneous enrollment at both Rogue Community College and Southern Oregon University, as well as from transfer programs designed to ease transition between institutions, while completing an Associate of Arts Oregon Transfer (AA/OT) degree or other degree at Rogue.
The two institutions have many common characteristics. Classes at both Rogue and Southern are small, allowing for individualized instruction from talented faculty. Both campuses provide a friendly environment, and students find it easy to get to know their professors and instructors as well as each other. Both RCC and SOU have admissions and financial aid office staffs that work closely together for students' benefit.
Nearly 70 percent of Southern Oregon University graduates have transfer credits from another institution such as Rogue. SOU offers students the opportunity to continue their educational goals through a curriculum that spans 36 majors, 46 minors, and 17 pre-professional programs.
Are you planning on transferring to SOU?:
- The AA/OT is an associate degree which meets all lower-division general education requirements to enter SOU with junior standing. It is important to work closely with their RCC faculty advisor to ensure selection of courses to meet their academic and career goals.
- Associate of General Studies (AGS) – This is an excellent choice if you would like to combine professional technical courses with liberal arts studies.
- Associate of Science degrees – RCC and SOU have partnered to offer you an opportunity to earn a two year degree in a specific field of study and transfer directly to SOU with junior standing. RCC currently offers the Associate of Science articulated degrees in Business, Computer Science (with several options), Criminology, Early Childhood Development and Human Services.
- The NEW Associate of Science degree with a focus on Community Development for a Sustainable Future has been developed in cooperation with Southern Oregon University (SOU). The degree is fully articulated with SOU's Business program and allows students to transfer directly as juniors and to become admitted into the Business program at SOU to pursue a bachelor's degree and certificate in Sustainability Leadership.
- The Oregon Transfer Module (OTM) meets the first year of lower division general education requirements. This is a good choice if you want to transfer to the university prior to completion of a 2-year degree.
- Direct transfer - You may choose to take a few classes at RCC and transfer directly to Southern Oregon University. If you are choosing this option, be sure to visit the SOU Admissions website at www.sou.edu for all admission requirements. Or you may contact SOU Admissions office directly at (541) 552-6411. Representatives from SOU visit RCC campuses regularly throughout the academic year. Be sure to check out ‘What’s New’ on this site for scheduled university visitations and events.
With assistance from an RCC counselor, you can determine how to complete most, if not all, of the first two years of their major courses within the guidelines of the AA/OT. Specific transfer programs are also available in Criminal Justice, Early Childhood Development, and Human Services to allow a smooth transition from RCC to SOU if you are interested in completing a four-year degree in these fields.
More information is available from the RCC Transfer Center, (541) 245-7589; from the SOU Office of Admissions (541) 552-6411; or toll free, (800) 482-7672. or e-mail Darren Van Lehn or email@example.com.