The College Effectiveness Council (CEC) welcomes you to its website on strategic planning. This site is intended to keep you informed about strategic planning at Rogue Community College. If you have questions about the work, are interested in getting involved, or have comments to offer, please contact Mary O'Kief, Grants and Planning Coordinator.
CEC's strategic planning responsibilities include designing and conducting:
- A collaborative strategic planning process; and
- A collaborative budgeting process that links the annual budget to the strategic plan.
- Getting started with the new data management system (enter your departmental objectives)
The Strategic Plan was approved by the Board of Education on December 13, 2012 and updated and presented to the Board on December 17, 2013. This plan and the 2008-2012 plan, annual plan updates, and short history may be accessed at the left hand side of this page. The purpose of a strategic plan is to help the college address its most pressing challenges over a realistic time frame to better serve students and the community. A wide range of faculty, staff, students, and community representatives work collaboratively to update the college mission, vision, and values, and create a multi-year plan. There are 7 core elements in strategic planning process including the following:
- Design the planning process and form groups to do the work;
- Analyze the major strategic challenges facing RCC in the coming 3-4 years;
- Review and modify the mission, vision, and value statements as needed;
- Develop institutional priorities (goals and measurable objectives) to address the strategic challenges;
- Develop annual institutional and departmental action plans and measurable outcomes;
- Implement and/or pilot annual action plan activities; and
- Assess and institutionalize as appropriate.
Core theme champions oversee the implementation of the plan. This includes development of action plans, budgets, and communication plans for each objective. Champions also provide the CEC and the RCC Board of Education with one or more progress reports. Once a year, the CEC hosts an annual assessment retreat where each college goal, objective and annual outcome is carefully evaluated. A written assessment report is prepared addressing progress made on annual outcomes. (Note: Earlier reports focused on major accomplishments, areas that require more effort and/or a new approach, and unexpected outcomes.) The assessment team scores each objective and then averages these scores to provide an overall score for each goal. The assessment team and champions also recommend modifications as needed to the institutional goals and objectives to the Board of Education. Each new year, champions develop annual action plans for how annual outcomes will be achieved and departments develop annual objectives and action plans based on the approved institutional goals, objectives and annual outcomes. Departmental assessments are incorporated in the annual assessment process. For more information about the College Budget, which is the fiscal expression of our plans, visit the Budget Process site.