GED Official Testing
The GED exam has changed to a computer-based test. If you have NEVER taken or registered for any part of the GED, you must register, schedule and pay for your exam at www.GEDTestingService.com or call1-877-392-6433. Testing is available in English or Spanish.
The last day to take a 2002 series GED test at RCC is December 20, 2013
For testers who are registered and testing on paper/pencil:
- Printable Table Rock Campus GED Testing Calendar: November-December
- Printable Redwood Campus GED Testing Calendar: November-December
- GED Flyer
For testers who have previously tested and need to reinstate a file, two options are available. Paper-based and CBT tests may now be combined for students switching from paper-based to computer.
- If a student has started testing on paper and wishes to finish on computer please visit GEDTestingservice.com.
- If a student wishes to continue testing on paper, please call to set up an appointment.
Five individual tests make up the GED battery: Writing, Social Studies, Science, Reading, and Math. All must be taken and passed with a score of 410 or better. A final average of 450 or better is required to earn a certificate. The tests are in the multiple choice format with the exception of the Writing Test which includes multiple choice and a written essay.
All candidates must present their valid government issued ID prior to testing.
New Test Series
A new test series will be released January 2014. Current scores will expire for those test-takers who have not completed or passed all five subjects when the new assessment is released. A few important dates:
- Last day to take the current version of the GED test is December 20, 2013.