GED Preparation Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How do I get started?
- If you have never attended GED classes before at RCC, you will get started by attending a new-student orientation. Orientations are held at all campuses, and you may sign up by contacting one of the learning centers:
What if I haven’t been in for awhile?
- We understand that sometimes other priorities in life can get in the way of completing your GED. If you are returning after an absence, an orientation will be required for students that haven't attended the GED program within the last three years. Welcome back! Just come on in. We’ll be very happy to see you and help you get restarted.
What does it cost to attend?
- You will pay $65 per term to attend GED classes. This includes time in our computer learning lab, individual coaching and instruction, and class time in the subject areas you need most.
How long will it take me to get my GED?
- This varies from student to student. Your progress will be determined by your skill level when you start and, more importantly, by the time and effort you put into studying and attending classes. Plan your schedule and commit to attending all your scheduled classes to make the most rapid progress toward your goals.
What does it cost to take the GED tests?
- The cost depends on when you registered for the test. For further information on the cost, please visit the GED Official Testing Site.
How many tests are there?
- There are five GED tests: 1) Language Arts, Writing; 2) Language Arts, Reading; 3) Social Studies; 4) Science; 5) Math.
- For more detailed information about the GED tests, go to the GED Testing Website.
Illinois Valley: (541) 592-2103
Medford: (541) 245-7701
White City: (541) 245-7820