facebook icon
Skip to content
Spacer Title IX and RCC

Harassment, Discrimination, and Title IX

Title IX Reporting Options

Administrative Reports

You may pursue action through a campus administrative complaint process if the offense was committed by an affiliate of RCC, including other students or employees. The College will process reports of harassment or discrimination through applicable Board Policies and Administrative Procedures. Board Policies and Administrative Procedures are non-criminal (administrative), college processes, and one may concurrently pursue a criminal report if desired.

You can talk with the Lead Title IX Coordinator to discuss RCC formal reporting options and resources as it relates to sex discrimination or sexual harassment under Title IX. Title IX protects all students and employees at RCC from sex/gender-based discrimination such as domestic violence, gender-based stalking, and sexual violence.

You may also submit a report via the online reporting form.

Lead Title IX Coordinator
Lucia Bartscher
[email protected]
Redwood Campus, L Building Room 1

Deputy Title IX Coordinator
Sean Taggart
Director of Risk Management
[email protected]
Redwood Campus - A Building

Dean of Student Success
April Hamlin
Director of Advising and Compliance
[email protected]
Redwood Campus - C Building

You can also talk with the Chief Human Resources Officer to discuss all other nondiscrimination policies and procedures.

Vice President of People, Culture & Safety and Chief Human Resources Officer
Jamee Harrington
[email protected]
Redwood Campus, JO Building

Note that a review of institutional supportive measures, remedies, and helpful materials like a user guide and flow charts distinguishing Title IX processes from other administrative processes at RCC are available on the Harassment, Discrimination, and Title IX website

Privacy will be vigorously respected and protected in each disclosure shared with RCC. However, when limits on confidentiality exist due to legal reporting requirements or procedural standards, those limits will be reviewed with persons reporting to ensure their understanding, and where possible, their choice in decisions which drive reporting processes.

Accommodations for Administrative Reports at RCC

If you are a student and need accommodations to successfully engage in administrative reporting, please contact the Access and Disability Resources office at 541-956-7337. Click here for the Access and Disability Resources website.

If you are an employee or volunteer and need accommodations to successfully engage in administrative reporting, please contact Human Resources at 541-956-7329.

Confidential Reporting

If you are seeking someone to support you during this time, but do not want to file a complaint, you may seek support or information from any of the following confidential resources without initiating an investigation by the College. RCC strongly encourages students and employees to utilize these support resources, regardless of their desire for an investigation to occur.

Unless explicitly stated, all RCC employees--except licensed counselors at the Counseling Center--are not confidential and have an obligation to report disclosures of incidents to other designated College officials (such as the Chief Human Resources Officer or Lead Title IX Coordinator) due to Federal law, Oregon law, and RCC Policy. Also know that RCC employees are required to report child abuse under Oregon law. Keep in mind that disclosing only to Confidential employees limits the effective response on the College's part.

Students can disclose to the RCC Counseling Center and have it remain completely confidential except in narrow circumstances as required by law, such as an imminent threat of harm to oneself or others. Mental health counselors on campus are considered exempt under CLERY standards.* Counselors are able to provide information, support, and advocacy on a confidential basis. A counselor may also help a student with filing a formal complaint or seeking an informal resolution.

All** RCC employees are eligible for Employee Assistance Program (EAP) services, like counseling, administered through Reliant Behavioral Health (RBH). EAP services are always confidential except in narrow circumstances as required by law, such as an imminent threat of harm to oneself or others. To access the EAP call 866-750-1327 or visit the MYRBH website and enter access code: OEBB.

*If a reportable offense under the CLERY Act is disclosed to a CSA (Campus Security Authority), then that person is required to report the incident to RCC’s Campus Security under CLERY standards, whether or not you ask them to. The CLERY Act covers offenses involving students, staff, faculty and/or visitors even if no criminal charges are filed. For more information visit the Campus Security page.

**Exception: Student employees have access to counseling via the Counseling Center rather than the EAP.

Criminal Reports to Law Enforcement

Some violations of College policy may rise to the level of a violation of criminal law. Consider reporting the incident to the police, who can inform you of the law/criminal aspects involved in your situation, obtaining no-contact or protective orders, and help you through the process of pressing charges, if you choose to do so.  RCC encourages individuals to report to law enforcement to the extent they are comfortable.  An individual can choose to report as much or as little information as they wish when they file a report with a law enforcement agency, and decide how involved they wish to be in prosecution. Depending on the location of the incident, reports are made through particular law enforcement agencies. A list of local agencies and their contact information can be found on our Advocacy and Resources page.

Office for Civil Rights

If any member of the RCC community feels that their complaint is not being addressed, they have the right to file a complaint with the US Department of Education’s Office for Civil Rights.  Visit the US Department of Education Office for Civil Rights for information on filing a complaint or call 800-421-3481.