facebook icon
Skip to content
Spacer Financial Aid at RCC

Financial Aid

Have Questions Ask Ossie

Student Eligibility

Who may apply?

U.S. citizens and eligible noncitizens may apply for federal financial aid using the FAFSA. Those who are not U.S. citizens or eligible non-citizens who are residents of Oregon, may apply for state grants via the ORSAA.

To be eligible for aid, you must meet the following, minimum criteria:

  • Be enrolled in a course of study leading to an RCC certificate or degree program.
  • Have graduated from high school OR completed a GED® or an Adult High School Diploma OR earned the recognized equivalent of high school completion for the state of Oregon.
  • Be registered with Selective Service, if required.
  • Make satisfactory academic progress.  (Note: Federal regulations allow RCC to award aid up through your first Associate's degree or until it appears you will need to attempt more credits than 150% of the number required to complete your program.  For access to aid beyond that point, it would be via an approved Financial Aid Appeal for a Credit Extension as outlined in this policy.)
  • Not owe a repay on a federal grant or be in default on a federal education loan.
  • Demonstrate financial need (except for Unsubsidized Federal Direct Loans, Federal Work Study or possibly an Oregon Promise Grant) through the FAFSA process.

How is financial need determined?

A family's financial ability to contribute is determined by the federal processor according to the method approved by the U.S. Department of Education. This is called your Expected Family Contribution (EFC). Students are considered to have financial need if their EFC is less than budgetary school-year expenses.