Welcome to Placement Testing at RCC
The placement test is important in determining your success at RCC. It is designed to place you into college classes that best fit your current academic skills.
- If you are a new or prospective student, you will need to complete the online admission application before you can sign up for a placement test.
- If you plan to earn a degree or certificate and then transfer to a four-year college or university, you must take a placement test.
- If you plan to take a class that has prerequisites, you must take a placement test.
- If you have already completed the online admission application but did not make a placement test appointment, or if your are a current RCC student who wants to re-take the placement test, log in to myRogue and choose Placement Test from the menu.
- If you do not have a high school diploma or a GED, contact Adult Basic Skills before registering for classes or taking a placement test.
About the placement test
- The placement test measures your skills in reading, writing and mathematics. If you need help preparing for the placement test, contact Discovery Programs.
- It is NOT a pass or fail test. Your scores determine the most appropriate classes you should take when first enrolling at RCC.
- The test is free.
- The test is untimed but usually takes about two hours to complete. The placement test proctor will go over your results with you after the test.
- You may retest once prior to enrolling in the reading, writing, or math class into which you tested. You may opt for a full or partial retest.
- Cell phone use is NOT permitted during the test.
- When you have completed the placement test, attend a new student orientation.
- For assistance in registering for classes, you may attend an optional Registration Assistance Lab available on a walk-in basis to first-term students.
- For a schedule of New Student Orientation and Registration Labs, click here