Marks and Harrison Annual Scholarship Competition (ID 3360)
- Start Date:
- First Place: $2,500
Second Place: $1,500
Third Place: $1,000
- Distracted driving causes far too many car accidents. The personal injury lawyers of Marks & Harrison – a firm that has served Virginia residents for more than 100 years – want to do something about this serious issue.
WE NEED YOUR HELP.
Marks & Harrison proudly announces a scholarship competition aimed at raising awareness about the dangers of distracted driving. Our goal is to foster discussion about how to prevent these devastating accidents. At the same time, we want to help young people pursue a higher education.
We will award a total of $5,000 in scholarship funds to college-bound high school seniors and two or four year college students who submit the most insightful essays or videos on how to prevent distracted driving – specifically when it involves the use of apps such as Snapchat.
- The contest is open to students who are U.S. residents or students at U.S. schools who fall within these two categories:
• High school juniors and seniors
• Students currently enrolled in two-year or four-year colleges or universities.
- Special Criteria:
- To enter the scholarship competition, you must submit:
• An essay of 600 words or less, or
• A video that is two minutes or shorter.
Only one essay or video is allowed per student. The essay or video must be original. Plagiarism is a serious violation and will result in automatic disqualification.
Entries must be sent by email to: email@example.com
Your submission must include:
• Your essay as a Word document (in .doc or .docx format) or your video in a readable format (.avi or .mp4)
• A digital photo of yourself (in .jpg or .png format)
• A copy of your school transcript or proof of enrollment
• A cover sheet with:
• Your name, address, and contact phone number
• The name and address of your school
• A short bio describing yourself (two or three sentences)
• A signature of a parent or guardian (if you are younger than 18).