Rogue Valley Kennel Club Scholarship (ID 3236)
- Start Date:
- $3,000 payable to the post-secondary school of the winner’s
choice. One scholarship will awarded annually. Applicant
must be enrolled by the winter term of the year following the
award or the scholarship will be awarded to the first alternate.
- Cherie Ball
- PO Box 2018
- Grants Pass
- (541) 761-6556
- Must be a resident of the state of Oregon and the area
served by the Rogue Valley Kennel Club (primarily
Josephine & Jackson counties). There are no specific academic
or financial need requirements. Participating in dogrelated
activities and/or planning a career in the veterinary
sciences area is highly desirable. Class ranking and GPA
will not be a major criteria but academic standing may be
- Special Criteria:
- Please make sure that you provide ALL information listed.
Send everything in a single envelope.
1. Complete and submit the attached application form for the Rogue Valley Kennel Club
2. Write and submit an essay, minimum of one (1) page and maximum of three (3) pages,
showing how you have benefited from participating in one or more dog-related activities.
3. Provide recommendations from at least two (2) different people who know you (other
than your parents): e.g., 4-H leader, teacher, dog show judge, kennel club member,
shelter worker, clergy, coach, dog trainer, or other person of authority.
4. Include information about your activities and service in dog-related activities (e.g., 4-H,
dog showing, service dog raising, animal shelter work, etc.,) as well as school, community
and other volunteer activities, including awards that you have received. Attach a
separate page if necessary.
5. All the applications will be reviewed by a five-member Rogue Valley Kennel Club
Scholarship Committee, and based upon their recommendations, a scholarship will be