Applying for Financial Aid
The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is at www.fafsa.gov.
You can apply for federal and state need-based, grant aid and the availability to participate in need-based scholarship, student employment and/or student loan options by visiting www.fafsa.gov. For scholarship information and application links, visit the scholarship website.
FAFSA/Renewal FAFSA on the Web
The 3-Step Process
- How do you apply?
- What happens next?
- Are you in control?
- STEP 1: Complete the FAFSA on the Web
- STEP 2: Respond to Correspondence
- STEP 3: Take Charge of Your Finances
STEP 1: COMPLETE THE FAFSA ON THE WEB
The FAFSA serves as the application for federal and state student financial aid . To apply for student financial aid at RCC you must complete the FAFSA on the Web at the Department of Education's secure site, www.fafsa.gov, as soon after January 1 as possible.
* Applying online is fast, easy, secure, and less error-prone than applying on paper. The federal processor is able to process your electronic application two to three weeks faster than a paper application.
As you complete the FAFSA on the Web, read and follow the online instructions carefully and be prepared to provide the following information:
- Your social security number
- Individual student information (e.g., marital status, veteran status, etc.)
- Prior year Federal income tax information for you and/or your parents/spouse (you may use estimated information prior to April 15th)
- adjusted gross income (AGI) and benefits
- Non-taxable income and benefits
Note: If necessary, use estimated tax information to complete the FAFSA by the recommended date.
- Review the information you have entered on the FAFSA and make sure it is correct before you press the "submit" button. A complete and accurate FAFSA is an important step in the smooth processing of your student financial aid application.
RCC's federal school code is 010071
Whatever option you choose for completing the FAFSA, be sure to list RCC (#010071) in Step Six. Using this code will ensure RCC receives your FAFSA information.
- After you submit your FAFSA on the Web, you will be prompted to sign the application electronically using the PIN you previously requested. If you included parent information on the FAFSA, your parent will need to sign electronically using a PIN as well.
- Keep important papers, such as a printed copy of your FAFSA, tax information, and letters that you receive in a student financial aid folder.