Image: Jump to Content Disability Services
Rogue Community College
Rogue Community College
Phone Search Menu Search
Financial Aid

How Much Help Is Available?

That depends on a number of factors and is determined individually. Here’s how it works:

Taking into account your financial situation, RCC calculates your Expected Family Contribution (EFC). If the cost of attending RCC is greater than your EFC, aid is available to make up the difference. That aid could come in the form of grants, which do not have to be repaid; loans, which must be repaid; and/or work-study, where you work for the money. However, even if you show no "need" level, unsubsidized Stafford loans are usually available.

Types of Help Available

Who may apply?

U.S. citizens and eligible noncitizens may apply for financial aid.

To be eligible for aid, you must:

  • Be enrolled in a course of study leading to a degree or certificate or in a program preparing for transfer to a four-year institution.
  • Have graduated from high school OR completed a GED® or an Adult High School Diploma OR earned the recognized equivalent of high school completion for the state of Oregon.
  • Be registered with Selective Service, if required.
  • Make satisfactory academic progress.
  • Not owe a repay on a federal grant or be in default on a federal education loan.
  • Demonstrate financial need (except for Unsubsidized Stafford Loans) through the FAFSA process.

How is financial need determined?

A family's financial ability to contribute is determined by the federal processor according to the method approved by the U.S. Department of Education. This is called your Expected Family Contribution (EFC). Students are considered to have financial need if their EFC is less than budgetary school-year expenses.