Student Worker Information
- All Rogue Community College student employee positions require the student to be currently enrolled in a minimum of 6 credits at RCC and meet the minimum grade point average required for the position.
- Regular positions require a 2.0 GPA and lab aide/peer tutor positions require a 3.0 GPA.
- Students may not work more than 20 hours per week.
Student Employee Pay Rates
Effective January 1, 2014 hourly pay rates for student employee positions are:
- Regular Positions: $9.10
- Lab Aide / Peer Assistant / Tutors: $9.65 to $9.75
Go to www.roguecc.edu/emp and select On-Campus Student Employment to search student positions available on-campus. You may apply online for these positions. If you are seeking off-campus jobs, select Community Employment Opportunities.
Student Employment Funding
Student employee positions may be funded by either Federal Work Study (FWS) dollars or through the College’s general funded Learn & Earn Program.
- Federal Work Study (FWS) also provides students with experiential learning and additional income. FWS is a program supported by federal financial aid and awarded to the college by the United States Department of Education. To be eligible for FWS, students must meet the student employment eligibility requirements. In addition, students must receive an award from the Financial Aid department and make satisfactory progress toward a degree or certificate.
- Learn & Earn positions are similar to FWS, but are funded by The College’s general fund dollars. The purpose of Learn and Earn is to provide on-campus job opportunities for students in need of financial assistance that are not eligible to receive Federal Work Study.
Your student employment is intended to be a productive learning experience. We encourage you to choose a job that relates to your academic and occupational goals whenever possible.
- Remember that you are a student first and must not work during your scheduled class time.
Student Employment Services is here to support your success at RCC. Please feel free to visit our offices on the Redwood Campus in M-Building or Riverside Campus in G-Building. If you have additional questions or require further assistance please contact our Human Resources - Student Employment Staff.
Human Resources - Student Employment Services (SES) Staff
Human Resources - Student Employment
Ph: 541-956-7091; (fax) 541-956-7355