Career and Technical Education (CTE)
Discover the Power of CTE at Rogue Community College
Welcome to our Career and Technical Education (CTE) programming at RCC. RCC is committed to providing students with the academic and technical knowledge necessary to succeed in future careers and become lifelong learners.
What is Career and Technical Education?
CTE is a practice of teaching specific career skills to students in middle school, high school and post-secondary institutions. Our CTE programs combine academics and occupational skill training to prepare students of all ages. RCC offers training programs in a variety of high-demand careers including Truck Driving; Automotive and Diesel; Healthcare; Business; Design and Digital Media; Information Technology; Public Safety; Welding and Manufacturing; and Social Services (see pathways below).
Benefits of CTE
CTE programs offer a multitude of benefits to students, schools, and society as a whole. Here are some of the key advantages:
- Real-World Skills: CTE programs provide students with technical, academic, and employability skills that are essential for success in the workplace and further education. Unlike traditional academic classrooms, which mostly focus on knowledge and theory, CTE focuses on practical skills training.
- Career Readiness: CTE programs equip students with a strong foundation of technical knowledge and employability skills, complementing their academic studies and preparing them for the workforce. This readiness is particularly beneficial in addressing the skills gap in jobs that require a high school diploma, postsecondary certificate, or associate’s degree.
- Increased Satisfaction: CTE learners and their parents are three times more likely to report that they are very satisfied with their education compared to those not involved in CTE. This increased satisfaction can lead to a more engaged and motivated student body.
- Community Engagement: CTE programs often involve partnerships with local businesses and industries, which can deepen community ties and provide students with real-world application and experience.
- Exploration of Future Careers: CTE allows students to explore future careers before investing significantly in postsecondary education. It also offers the opportunity to earn industry-recognized credentials.
Looking to advance, skill up, or start a new career? Check out the pathway options at Rogue Community College. You could earn a certificate or degree in 3-24 months!