Degree and Certificate Programs
RCC offers two-year degrees, career and technical training programs (CTE) and a variety of workforce and short-term training.
Classes are offered day, evening, weekends and online. Getting started at RCC.
- Provides the opportunity to acquire a broad education rather than pursuing a specific college major.
- Prepares graduates for direct entry into the workforce. AAS degrees also may prepare students for career advancement, occupational licensure, or further study at the baccalaureate level.
Associate of Science (AS)
- Prepares students for transferring to baccalaureate degree programs in applied areas. The AS degree allows you to focus on a particular discipline based upon signed articulation agreements with the universities that have agreed to accept RCC students.
- These programs lead to a certificate or Associate of Applied Science (AAS) degree and are designed for career entry upon completion.
- A form of recognition awarded to students who meet minimum requirements of an occupational certificate program. Certificate programs must be state-approved, have a defined job entry point, represent collegiate-level work, be credit-bearing, and meet Higher Education Coordinating Commission (HECC) standards and criteria.
- CPC certificates open the door to a solid start in obtaining your employment and educational goals. Each certificate requires just a few courses. You decide how far you want to go, at a pace that is comfortable for you.
College Transfer (AAOT)
- Completing the Associate of Arts/Oregon Transfer degree assures you junior-level standing and the completion of general education requirements at any public institution in the Oregon University System. Completion of this degree is considered the best preparation for transfer to out-of-state or private institutions.
- Some programs have application processes and additional requirements for program acceptance. Enrollment is limited and admission is not guaranteed. Limited entry programs include but are not limited to:
- Dental Assistant
- Emergency Services
- Human Services
- Massage Therapy
- Medical Administrative Assistant
- Medical Assistant
- Occupational Therapy Assistant
- Pharmacy Technician
- Physical Therapy Assistant
- Practical Nursing
Major Transfer Maps (MTMs)
A Major Transfer Map is a course plan for a major that, when completed, will allow students to transfer credits from any Oregon community college to any Oregon public university, and count all of those credits toward a bachelor’s degree in a specific major. Please visit the State of Oregon's Major Transfer Maps: Memoranda of Understanding page for more information.
Other Learning Options
Adult Basic Skills Programs (ABS)
- ABS offers instruction in areas such as reading, writing, and mathematics. This instruction is provided through Adult Basic Skills programs for General Educational Development (GED®), and English as a Second Language (ESL).
- Learn the aspects of a highly skilled occupation through on-the-job training and related instruction during classroom hours.
- RCC creates and provides excellent learning events in line with our community's needs in all areas of workforce, business community, private/public organizations and personal enrichment.
- Explore online options for completing a degree or certification at RCC.