How to get the most enjoyment out of Commencement
Rogue Community College celebrates its annual commencement in the Marjorie Holzgang Concert Bowl on the Redwood Campus, Grants Pass. The ceremony starts promptly at 6:30 p.m. and is followed by a reception for graduates and guests in the cafeteria. Cake is served at the reception, however no other food or drink is available during or after the ceremony. We encourage graduates and guests to eat prior to the ceremony.
This is an outdoor event. Please share the following information with your guests so that they can plan ahead for a comfortable ceremony.
Also, please note: RCC is a drug and alcohol free college; backpacks and coolers will be checked at the entrance.
Weather: Grants Pass is usually quite warm mid-June
- Wear light weight clothing
- Wear or bring a hat
- Bring water
- In case of rain; wear rain gear and bring an umbrella
Seating: The concert bowl is sloped and grassy
- Chair seating is limited; for best seating, arrive early.
- There is great visibility from the grassy hillsides; bring a mat or pillow.
- Do not bring standard height folding chairs; they are unstable on the hillside and block others’ views of the stage.
- Children must be supervised during the ceremony.
- The designated seating for individuals with a disability is limited to those with an orthopedic condition and one friend or family member. Choose who will accompany your guest with a disability prior to arrival.
- Assistance for people in wheelchairs and scooters is provided
Parking: Please see the Redwood Campus map
- For parking spaces closest to the concert bowl, use the east entrance to the college on Demaray Drive.
- Limited disability parking is available for those with authorized Oregon DMV parking placards. Arrive early for these spaces.
- Shuttles are available from outlying parking lots; shuttles are not wheelchair accessible.
There is a sign language interpreter at commencement.