facebook icon
Skip to content
Spacer RCC College Transfer Resources

RCC Transfer Center

It's never too early to start preparing for transfer.

RCC has tools and resources to help you stay on track.

For many students who want to stay close to home or save money, community college is a great way to get ready for a four-year degree. Preparing for transfer is about getting ready to succeed at a four-year college or university. It's about making the right choices for you, based on your major and the college or university you hope to attend.

An Advisor can help you navigate this process, even during times we are working and learning remotely. Call 541-956-7192 or email [email protected] to make an appointment.

Associate of Science Oregon Transfer Degrees
Oregon Business Transfer Oregon Computer Science Transfer  

Articulated Partnerships
Southern Oregon University Oregon tech  

Other University Partnerships
Oregon State University Eastern Oregon University Oregon Health and Science University
University of Oregon western oregon university Portland State University
Western Governors University Other Colleges  

Below are statewide transfer agreements that identify the Oregon community college courses needed to transfer to any Oregon public university, and count all of those credits toward a bachelor’s degree in a specific major.

Currently Major Transfer Maps have been developed in:

The Higher Education Coordinating Commission (HECC) team supporting the implementation of House Bill 2998 (2017) is pleased to release a Student-Facing Communications Toolkit for Oregon public colleges and universities to broaden awareness of the Oregon Transfer Compass, a growing set of tools to streamline transfer from Oregon’s 17 community colleges to Oregon’s seven public universities.

This release of the communications toolkit coincides with the recent HECC approval of Associate of Arts Transfer Degree in English Literature (AAT-English Literature), the Associate of Science Transfer Degree in Biology (AST-Biology), and the Associate of Arts Oregon Transfer in Elementary Education (AAOT-ELEM ED) to be launched at Oregon’s community colleges. With the Commission’s statewide approval, the local boards of the community colleges can now approve and make available these degrees for their students without seeking individual institutional approval at the state level. The HECC approval of these major-specific degrees is an important step forward in the expansion of the Oregon Transfer Compass.

Core Transfer Map

Core Transfer Maps are broad descriptions of course requirements for students at any Oregon community college or public university. Students who have not yet declared a major and plan to transfer may take classes that fit these categories at any Oregon community college and expect all classes to transfer and meet at least 30 credits of general education requirements for a bachelor’s degree at any Oregon public university.

Oregon has adopted a Common Course Numbering System to align course credits, titles, descriptions and learning outcomes, to ensure seamless transfer for all students between Oregon community colleges and Oregon public universities. Courses without the Z will also transfer. See the "Other Transfer Options" tab on this page.

Common Course Numbers (CCN) have a Z designator at the end of the course number. Each year new courses will be approved by the Higher Education Coordinating Commission (HECC) and added to the following list of CCN courses:

  • COMM100Z Introduction to Communication
  • COMM111Z Public Speaking
  • COMM218Z Interpersonal Communication
  • MTH105Z Math in Society
  • MTH111Z Precalculus I: Functions
  • MTH112Z Precalculus II: Trigonometry
  • STAT243Z Elementary Statistics I
  • WR121Z Composition I
  • WR122Z Composition II
  • WR227Z Technical Writing

University of Alaska Fairbanks

RCC's Paramedicine Associate of Applied Science and Fire Science Associate of Applied Science degrees meet some of the general education requirements at University of Alaska Fairbanks. Review the University of Alaska Fairbanks College of Security and Emergency Management site for more information. Additional information on how credits may transfer can be found at the link.

Pacific Northwest College of Art (PNCA)

Western Governor's University

RCC students enrolled in the programs listed below who transfer to Pacific Northwest College of Art (PNCA) with 90 quarter credits may be eligible to receive a PNCA Transfer Partner Scholarship.

For more information, visit the PNCA website.
For additional information, students may also contact PNCA's office of Financial Aid or Office of Admissions:

Financial Aid
Transfer Students
Transfer Agreements

An articulation agreement is created when two (or more) institutions agree that the content and difficulty level of courses offered by each institution is equivalent and that students taking the articulated course at one institution will not need to repeat it when they transfer to the other institution. This allows students to complete lower division courses closer to home and at a lower cost without the risk of courses not being accepted in transfer.