Skip to content

RCC 2021-22 Catalog

Student Affairs


The Rogue Community College Ospreys compete in the Southern Region of the Northwest Athletic Conference (NWAC). The college hosts men’s and women’s soccer and women's volleyball.

National data collected by the NCAA consistently shows that college athletes graduate at a higher rate than other students, and that many companies prefer to hire student athletes because they have developed the ability to set goals, stick to a training program and achieve results. Athletic tuition waivers are offered at the coach's discretion.

If you would like to know how you can support or join the Ospreys, please visit

The Northwest Athletic Conference is the parent athletic organization for 36 community colleges located in Idaho, Oregon, Washington and British Columbia. To learn more about NWAC, visit

Student Employment Services

Searching or applying for a job?

Student Employment Services offers support and assistance whether applying for student employment, an entry-level job, or the next step in your career. Let us help you develop or improve your application materials.

  • Develop and edit resumes and cover letters.
  • Identify professional and educational references.
  • Explore job search resources and techniques.
  • Understand and use online career resources.

Preparing for an interview?

Learn what employers are looking for and how to tailor your answers for the job you want.

  • Prepare interview questions.
  • Do a mock interview.
  • Make a great first impression and dress to impress.

Campus Employment

On-campus student employment is available to students enrolled in six or more credits with 2.0 cumulative GPA (minimum GPA will vary for some positions). Student employees have better outcomes.

  • You receive a paycheck!
  • Schedules that work around classes.
  • Develop job skills.
  • Advance toward career goals.
  • Great opportunity to network within the RCC community.
  • Build marketable skills.
  • Supportive work environment.

For job listings, visit or visit or visit Student Employment for more assistance.


  • Student Affairs Building, Redwood Campus
  • G Building, Riverside Campus
  • Table Rock Campus, A Building, Room 187

RCC provides comprehensive counseling services to assist students with education and career plans and with personal or social concerns. Licensed professional counselors are available and offer the following services on a limited drop-in basis and by appointment:

  • Crisis intervention.
  • Conflict resolution.
  • Career and life planning.
  • Internet access to career, job market and scholarship information.
  • Early intervention for academic success.

Career counseling and planning

Students may receive career counseling and planning assistance. Computerized information on careers, job market information and related training programs also are available from Counseling.

The RCC website provides useful career exploration resources. Career Services provides assistance and information for resume writing, interview skills and job search tools.

Retention or crisis counseling

College students often experience challenges coping with stress. Meeting with a counselor may help with the demands of college. Counselors provide professional services to assist students with concerns that may create barriers to success. Students at RCC may obtain short-term, solution-focused counseling at no charge. Support groups for specific populations are also available. Please contact Counseling for more information. Some of the reasons why students seek counseling services are:

  • To reduce test and math anxiety.
  • To increase self-esteem and enhance personal growth.
  • To gain stress management skills.
  • To develop and maintain healthy relationships.
  • To better integrate family, school and work.
  • To learn conflict resolution strategies.
  • To become a more effective problem solver.
  • To receive referrals for off-campus counseling services or resources.

Counseling FAQs

Are services confidential?

RCC Counseling follows the ethical and legal standards of the state of Oregon, which insures confidentiality except in the following situations:

  • The student provides a written request to release information.
  • There is an imminent danger to the student or others.
  • There is concern about child or elder abuse or neglect.
  • A court orders a release of a student's records.

How do I know if I need counseling?

Rogue Community College encourages students to make an appointment with Counseling and talk to a counselor, who can help a student decide if counseling is needed. The following questions may be helpful to consider:

  • Do you have intense feelings of depression?
  • Do you experience feelings of anxiety or panic?
  • Do you have difficulty concentrating on assignments in class?
  • Do you feel that your usual coping strategies aren’t working?
  • Do you recognize a pattern of behavior that creates personal and academic problems?

Will counselor services become part of my academic record?

Counselor contact and files are protected by confidentiality regulations and are not part of a student's academic record.

Who are the counselors?

For counselor names, phone numbers and locations visit

What other services are offered?

  • Assistance with grade appeals.
  • Conflict mediation.
  • Human development and career guidance courses.
  • Student compliant and grievance support.
  • Substance abuse referrals.
  • Title IX reporting support.

Academic advising

Contact an Advisor

Academic advising is provided by trained faculty and staff who can answer questions about college and educational objectives, help with program planning and class selection to meet academic goals, and answer questions about transferring to other colleges.

Advising for first term students is provided through Advising and Registration Clinics (ARCs) held on campus. Register for an ARC through myRogue. Students working on academic skills-level classes may make advising appointments through Adult Basic Skills, 541-956-7374 at the Riverside Campus, 541-956-7523 at the Redwood Campus, 541-956-7374 at Table Rock Campus, and 541-956-7523 at the Illinois Valley Learning Center.

Career and technical education students and those who are program-ready (have a declared major or have completed or have a placement test score above RD90, WR115, and MTH60) should see their program advisors. Call the number listed for individual departments, which is included with specific program information on pages 63-177 in this catalog.

Students enrolling in the following programs should speak with an advising case manager prior to start of first term:

  • Automotive Technology, 541-956-7140.
  • Early Childhood Education, 541-956-7066.
  • Electronics Technology, 541-956-7305.
  • Emergency Medical Services, 541-956-7305.
  • Fire Science, 541-956-7305.
  • Industrial Welding Technology, 541-956-7335.
  • Manufacturing Technology, 541-956-7305.
  • Renewable Energy Technician, 541-956-7305.

Students who are undecided about their majors or who are not yet program ready may receive advising.

Access and Disability Resources

  • Tutoring Center, Wiseman Building, Redwood Campus
  • Student Success Center Building, Room 9, Riverside Campus
  • Table Rock Campus, A Building, Room 191

Access and Disability Resources provides academic support services to help ensure all qualified students have equal access to education. Documentation to verify a disability is required in order to receive accommodations.

Access and Disability Resources coordinates note-takers, sign language interpreters, disability advising, conversion of class materials to alternate text format, and adaptive technology for RCC students with disabilities; see Accessible Technology Lab.

Students who suspect they have a disability are encouraged to make an appointment for possible services.

Accesibilidad y Recursos para Discapacitados

  • Redwood Campus, Edificio del Centro Wiseman, 541-956-7337 o Oregon Telecom Relay Service, 711
  • Riverside Campus, Student Success Center Building, habitación 9
  • Table Rock Campus, habitación 191

El departamento de Accesibilidad y Recursos para Discapacitados proporciona servicios de apoyo académico para asegurar que todos los estudiantes que califiquen para este servicio tengan igual acceso a la educación. Se requiere documentación para verificar la discapacidad y poder hacer los arreglos apropiados al tipo de discapacidad del estudiante.

Los servicios de Accesibilidad y Recursos para Discapacitados coordinan con personas quienes toman apuntes y quienes interpretan con lenguaje de señas. También, brindan los servicios de consejeros para estudiantes con discapacidades de aprendizaje y/o con discapacidades físicas. Ofrecen conversión de material de clases al formato de texto alternativo, y tecnología adaptativa para los estudiantes de RCC con discapacidades.

El Laboratorio de Tecnología Adaptativa provee al estudiante de ayuda y evaluaciones por medio del acceso adaptativo a equipos y tecnologías.

Se sugiere que los estudiantes que supongan tienen una discapacidad, soliciten una cita para explorar la posibilidad de tener acceso a nuestros servicios.

Registrar's Office

  • Student Affairs Building, Redwood Campus, 541-956-7427
  • G Building, Riverside Campus, 541-956-7427
  • Table Rock Campus, A Building, Room 187, 541-956-7427

Registrar's Office is responsible for enrollment and degree verifications, transcripts, grades, degree audits, transfer and military credit evaluations, graduation, and family education rights and privacy act compliance.

Financial Aid

Visit for information about the financial aid application process.

Financial assistance for educational purposes comes from federal, state, institutional and private sources. Types of financial aid include grants, part-time employment, scholarships and loans.

Visit the Financial Aid webpage (above), email Financial Aid Advising at [email protected], or stop by a Student Affairs service counter at these locations:

  • L Building, Redwood Campus.
  • Student Success Center, Riverside Campus.
  • Room 187, Table Rock Campus.

Contact the Financial Aid Office by mail: 3345 Redwood Hwy., Grants Pass, OR 97527; by FAX: 541-471-3585 or by email: [email protected].

To monitor your financial aid status, go to and click "Current Student."

The RCC Financial Aid Office will communicate with you primarily via email, text, and/or myRogue. To access information in a timely manner, keep your RCC personal information updated, check your email often for correspondence.


Generally, students may participate in federal student financial aid programs if they are:

  • U.S. citizens or eligible non-citizens.
  • Have a high school diploma (not "extended") or a recognized equivalent (eg. GED®).
  • Admitted to the college.
  • Enrolled in and working toward the completion of an eligible certificate or degree program (see Satisfactory Academic Progress policy).
  • Not in default or do not owe a repayment of federal financial aid.
  • Can demonstrate applicable need for financial assistance.

Eligibility for state aid generally follows federal rules, except for undocumented residents who may apply for state grants with an Oregon Student Aid Application (ORSAA) at

Eligibility requirements differ for various types of aid, and awards may also be limited to the availability of resources.

How to apply

  1. Complete one annual Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA or Renewal FAFSA) for the academic year. Online applications are available at A hard-copy application is available by calling 1-800-4FEDAID. The RCC federal school code is #010071. (Undocumented Oregon residents may complete an ORSAA in lieu of the FAFSA for state aid.)
  2. RCC recommends submitting an annual FAFSA on or as soon as possible after October 1 preceding the school year. Applications completed at least six weeks before summer, fall and winter terms (four weeks for spring) will receive priority processing. If your FAFSA is federally processed after you are no longer eligibly enrolled, you won’t qualify for any financial aid for that academic year. If enrolled at RCC when your FAFSA is federally processed and it’s selected for verification, you have up to 120 days (but no later than the third week in September following the academic year) to submit necessary documents for possible retroactive award.

    If a student answers "no" to every question in Section 2 of the FAFSA, the student's application will be processed as a dependent, with parental information and signature. If a student is unable to obtain parental information or, in limited situations, finds it is inappropriate to do so, there may be options. See the RCC Independence Requirements Policy at

    Once the federal processors have evaluated a FAFSA, they will email the results to the applicant in the form of a Student Aid Report (SAR) and to the colleges the student listed. Once RCC receives electronic SAR information, the Financial Aid Office will email applicants if additional application documents are required.
  3. Complete and return any requested documents right away. Applicants will be notified of financial aid eligibility per an official Award Letter or Eligibility Notification, both issued by RCC in good faith and based on information available at the time. Recipients must review and accept the Conditions of Accepting Financial Aid which includes policies such as Satisfactory Academic Progress and Return of Title IV prior to accessing their award letter.
  4. Students interested in part-time work and/or student loan options may apply once the Award Letter or Eligibility Notification is issued and prior to term application deadlines. The loan application process opens the week of June 17, 2021. More information about these programs and application deadlines is available from Financial Aid Advising and on the RCC website on the Financial Aid webpage.

Where’s the aid?

Students who complete their aid application by the RCC Financial Aid Priority Application deadline should see their term awards on their RCC student account about one week prior to the term, in time to charge books and supplies at RCC bookstores. To purchase books elsewhere, submit a Book Allowance Request Form to Financial Aid Advising through the first week of the term.

On the second Friday of the term, students who have extra financial aid on their RCC student account will receive an electronic refund via BankMobile Disbursements, a technology solution, powered by BMTX, Inc. For students who are dual-enrolled at SOU and have submitted a dual enrollment form, RCC will issue payment to SOU before releasing a refund of extra financial aid with BankMobile Disbursements.
Refunds are electronically transferred once each week after the initial refund, through finals week. Refunds are not issued the week after a term while academic progress is being reviewed.

NOTE: After RCC receives your SAR and you register for classes, look for instructions on how to select a refund preference. For more information, visit:

Return of Title IV funds policy

When students receive financial aid but totally withdraw before completing at least 60 percent of a term, or if they earn a combination of all F, NP, or W grades (unofficial withdraw), RCC must calculate how much aid was unearned and must be repaid. Students may owe a repayment to RCC as well as to federal programs. Repayment in full is required before they can enroll again or get future financial aid. Students should carefully consider other options before withdrawing.

How to get and keep financial aid

  • Be admitted to RCC and declare an aid-eligible major.
  • Enroll in courses that satisfy graduation requirements for your major(s).
  • Attend classes.
  • Maintain satisfactory academic progress (SAP) for financial aid recipients. Any time you earn at least an associate degree, future financial aid access will be through a Progress Toward Graduation appeal process.

Aid will be adjusted to match the aid-eligible enrollment level as of the drop deadline.

RCC defines term enrollment levels as follows:

Full-time, 12 or more aid-eligible credits.

Three-quarter-time, 9-11.

Half-time, 6-8.

Less-than-half-time, 1-5.

Awards made after the drop deadline will be based on actual aid-eligible enrollment. Awards generally are not adjusted after eligible payment except in the case of no attendance, a complete withdraw through 60 percent of the term, or documented institutional error.

Satisfactory academic progress requirements

To qualify for or maintain financial aid eligibility, a student must be making satisfactory academic progress for financial aid toward an aid-eligible program.

A student is considered to be in good academic standing and making satisfactory academic progress (SAP) if the student maintains:

  1. At least a 2.0 cumulative grade point average (cGPA) and
  2. At least a 66.67% cumulative credit completion rate (cPace) by completing credits attempted and earning A, B, C, D, and P grades. Calculated by dividing cumulative earned credits by cumulative attempted credits and
  3. Can complete their program of study within the 150% maximum time frame, calculated by taking program credit length and multiplying that by 150%.
    For more information, see the RCC Satisfactory Academic Progress policy at

Dual enrollment

If concurrently enrolled in program credits at RCC and another institution, RCC may be able to serve as the home institution and base financial aid on combined credit load. For consideration, submit a dual enrollment agreement at the beginning of the term. Forms are available at

Rogue Community College reserves the right to deny such a request if, for example, it is submitted late, the student does not maintain minimum credits, the credits are not applicable to the RCC program of study, or prior-term grades were not submitted or reflect a lack of successful completion.

Types of financial aid

The amount and availability of financial aid and eligibility criteria may vary with each program. The following list provides general information about available student aid programs:

  1. Grants and scholarships are awards that generally do not require repayment.
    • Federal Pell Grants of up to 150 percent of $6,495 annually are disbursed for up to four quarters. Lifetime maximum is 18 full-time equivalent quarters.
    • Iraq and Afghanistan Service grants of up to maximum Pell, less up to 7.3 percent may be available in lieu of a Federal Pell grant to eligible dependents of those who become totally and permanently disabled or died as a result of qualified service.
    • The Office of Student Access and Completion (OSAC) helps Oregon students pursue their college and career goals. OSAC offers scholarships and grants for students, including the Oregon Opportunity Grant and Oregon Promise Grant. They oversee the Oregon Student Aid Application for DACA students and undocumented students. For additional information, go to
    • Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grants (FSEOGs) are worth up to $100 per term and awarded to early applicants who attend at least half-time and who demonstrate high financial need. Funding is limited; submit the FAFSA early.
    • The RCC Foundation ( provides numerous scholarship opportunities. In addition, RCC maintains an online list of scholarships made possible by various organizations. Amounts, eligibility, and application deadlines vary. Peak application season is mid-fall through early March, but some opportunities exist year-round. Go to for more information. NOTE: RCC does not participate in the federal TEACH grant.
  2. Part-time student work programs administered through RCC Student Employment Services.
    Wiseman Building, Redwood Campus, Grants Pass, 541-956-7091
    Student Success Center, Riverside Campus, Medford, 541-956-7091
    A Building, Room 217, Table Rock Campus, White City, 541-956-7091

    The Federal Work Study (FWS) program provides jobs for students who maintain at least half-time enrollment and demonstrate financial need. Once hired, students complete employment paperwork with Student Employment Services. An award of up to $1,300 per term is added to the Award Letter. Awards are subject to the availability of funds. Eligibility does not guarantee a job. Due to limited funding, RCC reserves the right to convert FWS employment to the RCC institutional Learn and Earn program.

    For information about other student employment opportunities, see Student Employment Services.
  3. Federal Direct Loans (FDL) represent student debt that must be repaid with fees and interest. At least half-time, aid-eligible program enrollment is required. To monitor your student loan portfolio, visit Use your Social Security number, date of birth, last name, and federal PIN to access information.

    RCC offers subsidized and unsubsidized Federal Direct Loans.
    • Subsidized FDL eligibility is based on budgetary need and is awarded up to annual maximums based on dependency status and grade level. Interest is charged only after the borrower is no longer enrolled at least half-time. New borrowers as of 7-1-13 lose subsidy if their program is not completed within 150 percent of published length.
    • Unsubsidized FDL eligibility is not based on financial need. Aid can be awarded up to the lesser of annual maximums based on dependency status and grade level or budgetary need (cost of attendance less aid and resources). Interest is charged to the borrower from the date of disbursement and may be paid quarterly, upon request, to avoid capitalization.

      Rogue Community College accepts an annual FDL application after an Award Letter or Eligibility Notification has been issued and before the term's application deadline. The deadline is published at

      An application includes online and workshop-based loan-entrance counseling for first-time borrowers, a loan request form and an active master promissory note, which must be on file with the U.S. Department of Education. Borrowers may reduce or cancel a loan up to 14 days after disbursement or pre-pay anytime without penalty. Per HEA, sec. 479 (a)(c), 34CFR 685.301 (a)(g), RCC has the right to refuse or limit origination on a case-by-case basis.
  4. Students who need more financial aid than RCC determines they are eligible for can pursue scholarship opportunities. Alternative educational loans may be available after all federal aid is exhausted, but these loans come at a higher cost, often require a co-signer to qualify and are not federally regulated. Consumers should carefully review terms and conditions. For more information, contact Financial Aid Advising. RCC has the right to refuse or limit origination.

NOTE: RCC does not participate in federal PLUS or Perkins loan programs.

If annual financial aid was limited by a student's estimated cost of attendance, and the student's program of study requires a professional credential prior to graduation, RCC may be able to add this one-time cost in the student's budget, which may result in additional loan eligibility.

To apply, submit a written request to Financial Aid Advising with a statement from the appropriate academic department regarding the cost of the professional credential, the cost that will be incurred, and the anticipated date of program completion.

Students who have disability-related or other significant education-related, out-of-pocket expenses may submit a written request, with documentation, to have the cost of attendance adjusted.

Tuition awards

Veterans tuition awards

  • Oregon National Guard/Selected Reserves: ArmyIgnitED, website:
    The Tuition Assistance (TA) program provides financial assistance for voluntary off-duty education programs in support of a soldier's professional and personal self-development goals. TA is available for courses that are offered in the classroom or by distance learning and is part of an approved academic degree or certificate program. The courses must be offered by schools that are registered in GoArmyEd, are accredited by accrediting agencies that are recognized by the U.S. Department of Education and are signatories to the current Department of Defense Memorandum of Understanding (DOD MOU).

    For academic programs, associate, bachelor's or master’s degrees, TA may not be used for a lower or lateral degree program from the one the soldier currently possesses. In addition to degree programs, TA is available to soldiers to complete a high school diploma and to complete certificate programs. TA is not authorized for programs of study beyond a master's degree.
    All eligible soldiers will request TA through ArmyIgnitED. Visit to see if you are eligible for this program.
  • Dependents of Fallen Oregon Service Members. To honor military service to our country, RCC will grant tuition for up to 135 credits to dependents of an Oregon resident soldier who became totally (100 percent) and permanently disabled in connection with active military service if those dependents are not covered by financial aid, Veterans education benefits, or other funding source.

    For dependents of an Oregon resident soldier who died as a result of active military service, RCC will grant tuition for up to 135 credits, regardless of additional funding sources. More information is available from RCC Veterans Coordinators. The DFOSM Tuition Award form is available at

Financial Literacy

Rogue Community College has contracted for student loan default prevention assistance and financial literacy information for our students, as follows:

  • I3’s “IonTuition” platform, specializing in helping student loan borrowers navigate repayment as well as providing financial literacy resources to the college community. For more information borrowers can call 855-456-2656 (toll-free). For more information, see

Graduation | Enrollment Services, 541-956-7427

Graduates are formally recognized at commencement ceremonies each June. Students in degree or certificate programs must submit an application for graduation two terms prior to anticipated completion. To participate in the June commencement ceremony, submit applications by early February. Graduation applications are available online at

Students who completed their programs at the end of an academic term during the year prior to commencement and those who will complete requirements during the summer term after commencement are invited to participate in the ceremony. Graduation with honors is based on a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher computed through the end of winter term. Students who meet this criteria may wear an honor cord in recognition of academic achievement.

Degrees and certificates will be mailed to eligible graduates approximately six to eight weeks after final grades are available for verification. Diplomas will be mailed to students' addresses on file with the college.

Graduation requirements

To receive a state-approved degree or certificate from Rogue Community College, students must successfully complete the appropriate coursework with a minimum of "C" or "pass" and meet the following standards:

  • General Education Requirements (applies to degrees, certificates and career pathways certificates).
  • Fulfill requirements listed on a graduation guide or catalog. The college may elect any set of catalog requirements for a students to complete from the year a student begins a program through the current year.
  • Students must have a minimum cumulative GPA or 2.0 at the time the Associate of Arts Oregon Transfer or Associate of Science Oregon Transfer degree is awarded.
  • Students must have a 2.0 GPA based on the RCC courses completed toward their Associate of Science or Associate of Applied Science degree or certificate.

Time limit for program completion

There is no time limit to complete a certificate or degree program as long as it has not been terminated or suspended and the required program-specific courses are still offered at RCC. The college may elect any set of catalog requirements to complete from the year a student begins a program through the current year. Degree and certificate awards are dependent on program availability at the time of completion. Requirements for many programs are subject to change each year. If students have had a gap in enrollment of more than four consecutive terms, consult an advising case manager about available catalog year options.

RCC has the right to terminate, suspend or reinstate its academic programs at any time. In the event a program is terminated or suspended, declared majors making significant progress each term in that academic year will be identified and formally advised of the program’s status. RCC will then assist those students in completing requirements whenever possible as part of a formal teach out plan. Students who do not comply with the requirements of the plan may forfeit their rights to complete the program. Should that happen, students will be advised about other program opportunities that exist should they wish to choose another major.

Graduation residency requirement

Students must earn a minimum of 24 credits toward the degree at RCC to earn a two-year degree, a minimum of 12 credits toward a certificate at RCC to earn a one-year certificate, or at least 25 percent of total credits toward a less than one-year certificate or a Career Pathway certificate. The remainder of credits required to graduate may be transferred from an accredited institution or earned through credits for prior learning. No more than 25 percent of a programs credits may be earned through credit for prior learning.

Human Development and career guidance

Human Development offers a variety of classes for students and community members, aimed at building personal skills and overcoming barriers to college success. Some offerings are:

  • CG105, Scholarship Essay Writing. A 1-credit class that can help students write winning scholarship essays.
  • CG100, College Success and Survival. A tuition-free, 2-credit class that provides information about RCC programs, choosing a major, and strategies for academic success.
  • CG111, Study Skills for Math Success. Offers study tips, test taking strategies, and tools for anxiety reduction.
  • CG140, Career Development. Provides tools for making informed career decisions.

Latino Services

Latino Outreach and Recruitment

RCC Latino Outreach & Recruitment provides additional support for prospective and current Latinx students. Staff support students with the enrollment process, transitioning into college, and throughout their college experience. Students will also receive resources and support for paying for college (scholarships, FAFSA, ORSAA, and the Oregon Promise Grant).

Be Beca Ready workshops

Workshops designed to help Latinx students apply for scholarships. Students will receive help with the scholarship application process including their essay questions.

Educación, un Mundo de Oportunidades (EMO)

EMO is a nonprofit one-day educational conference designed to assist Latino high school juniors and seniors from Jackson and Josephine counties. The purpose of this conference is to motivate youth on ways to overcome barriers, realize the dream of going to college and become their own success story. The conference provides relevant information about postsecondary education through encouraging speeches from keynote speakers, community members and current RCC students.

Helping Oregon Latinos Advance (HOLA) Summer Bridge Program

The HOLA Summer Bridge Program is an annual, free, fun, 5-day event designed to help Latinx students transition into Rogue Community College. This program is intended to help increase recent high school graduates’ college readiness. The week-long course includes:

  • Fun with new college friends.
  • Learning how to be a successful college student.
  • Research into college majors and careers.
  • Mapping which classes to take.
  • Identifying how to get money for college.
  • Earning college credits at no charge.

The program also includes lunch, snacks, transportation and college gear. The summer program is in September.

Southern Oregon Latino Scholarship Fund

The Southern Oregon Latino Scholarship Fund (SOLSF) provides opportunities for Latino and Hispanic students living in the southern Oregon region to complete their post high school career and degree goals. Each year, with the help of generous community sponsors, SOLSF awards multiple college scholarships to students of Latino heritage.

Servicios Latinos

Latino Outreach and Recruitment

RCC Latino Outreach and Recruitment ofrece ayuda adicional para los actuales y futuros estudiantes Latinx. El personal de RCC ayudara a estudiantes con el proceso de inscripción, y la transición al colegio. Estudiantes van a recibir recursos y ayuda que les ensena cómo pagar por sus estudios (becas, FAFSA, ORSAA, y Oregon Promise). Pare más información, hable al 541-956-7047.

Be Beca Ready Workshops (Taller De Becas)

Taller diseñado para ayudar a estudiantes Latinx que quieran aplicar a becas. Estudiantes van a recibir ayuda para llenar la solicitud de becas y ayuda con sus ensayos.

Educación, Un Mundo de Oportunidades (EMO)

EMO que no tiene fines de lucro, presentará por un dia solamente, una conferencia educativa para ayudar en los condados de Jackson y Josephine a estudiantes latinos de los grados 11 y 12. Esta conferencia tiene información relevante sobre la educación post secundaria y otros recurso valiosos para lograr el éxito en la Universidad y educación más avanzada.

Ayudando a Los Latinx de Oregon a Progresar (HOLA) Programa de Verano

El programa HOLA Summer Bridge es un evento anual GRATUITO de 5 días diseñado para ayudar a los estudiantes Latinx a ingresar en Rogue Community College. El objetivo de este programa es ayudar a aumentar la preparación universitaria a recién graduados de secundaria para el otoño de 2019.

La clase de una semana incluye:

  • Visitar a los tres RCC campuses.
  • Diviértase con nuevos amigos de RCC.
  • Aprender a ser un estudiante universitario.
  • Investigar los especializaciones y carreras de la universidad / colegio.
  • Identificar cómo conseguir dinero gratis para su educación.
  • Planificar qué clases tomar.
  • Ganar créditos universitarios gratis.

La clase también incluye almuerzo, refrigerios, transporte y equipo estudiantil. Para más información contacte a 541-956-7047.

RCC Mobile App for Students

"Rogue Connect"

Rogue Community College offers a free social media app for mobile devices that allows RCC students to easily communicate with each other, get important messages from departments and clubs, access myRogue, keep up with campus events, explore maps and college services, and more.

To download Rogue Connect, search "Rogue Community College" in the Apple App Store or Google Play. Find links on the web at:

Student Affairs

Registration, cashiering and financial aid services are available at one convenient location on each campus. Student Affairs handles all payments made by students including tuition, fees, and tuition installment plan payments.

Student life

Rogue Community College student life programs provide opportunities for students to develop and enhance leadership skills and gain experiences that benefit the college community. Programs include the traditional student development activities of student government, student activities and student clubs.

Athletics department

The Rogue Community College Ospreys are a member of the Northwest Athletic Conference (NWAC). As a member of the southern region of the NWAC (, RCC hosts men's and women's soccer and women's volleyball. RCC team colors are blue and kelly green. For more information or to apply as an athlete, go to Go Ospreys!


The Associated Student Government of Rogue Community College (ASGRCC) provides some initial funding for on-campus clubs and organizations. The roster of clubs may change each year depending upon interest and active participation. Some examples of clubs are Christ on Campus, Veterans Club, Green Campus Initiative, and the Drama Club. Students interested in more details or in initiating a new club on campus should contact the director of clubs or stop by the ASGRCC offices on the Redwood or Riverside campuses.

Honor Society (Alpha Zeta Pi)

Academic excellence is the primary hallmark of Alpha Zeta Pi along with service and leadership opportunities. Candidates are identified three times a year and invitations to join are sent in fall, winter and spring terms to candidates meeting the following criteria:

  1. Attain a cumulative GPA of 3.65 with a minimum of 24 college transferable credits. (Courses numbered 100 or higher.)
  2. Have no more than one “W” on transcripts the previous two terms.
  3. Be enrolled in at least eight credits.

Membership in Alpha Zeta Pi provides academic recognition on member's transcripts, honors regalia at graduation, and a notation in the commencement program. There are several scholarships available for application with Alpha Zeta Pi, including textbook scholarships winter term.

Student government

The Associated Student Government of Rogue Community College (ASGRCC) coordinates student activities and clubs, supports special events, cultural activities, guest speakers and entertainers, represents the students to the college administration, and works on political issues. ASGRCC also provides assistance to campus departments by helping fund academic and cultural field trips.

The ASGRCC Executive Council appoints officers including, but not limited to: president; vice president; director of activities; director of clubs and organizations; executive secretary and diversity coordinator.

Student government officers receive a stipend for their services to the student body and the college at large.

Positions may vary on each campus.

Student Affairs Assistants

Student Affairs Assistants (SAAs) are a select group of students trained to assist other RCC students. They assist with scheduling placement tests, help with computerized career programs, and provide information about college procedures and resources.

TRiO programs

TRiO Rogue Opportunity Center (ROC)

The TRiO ROC provides information and assistance on all aspects of FAFSA and college admissions to prospective students who want to enter or continue a program of postsecondary education. Serving Jackson and Josephine counties, TRiO ROC provides services free of charge to participants including:

  • FAFSA completion assistance
  • Assistance in completing admissions applications
  • Pre-college testing assistance
  • Assistance with scholarships
  • Financial aid workshops
  • College research

Eligible participants must be a U.S. citizen, national, or permanent resident with an alien registration number.

TRiO Educational Talent Search

The TRiO Educational Talent Search program serves middle and high school students in Jackson County who may benefit from services designed to enhance persistence and graduation rates. Services are offered at no cost to eligible participants attending target schools.Services include:

  • Support for high school and middle school students (grades 6-12).
  • Grade-specific “college-prep” workshops.
  • Academic and pre-college planning activities.
  • Assistance in completing financial aid and admissions applications.
  • Academic tutoring and mentoring.
  • Assistance with pre-college test preparation.
  • College application and test fee waivers.
  • Visits to Oregon colleges and universities.
  • Exposure to cultural events and volunteer opportunities.

Eligible participants must be a U.S. citizen, national, or permanent resident with an alien registration number.

University Transfer – TRiO Student Support Services

University Transfer – TRiO Student Support Services assists RCC students who intend to transfer to a four-year institution and complete a bachelor's degree. Students receive enhanced support at no additional charge as they successfully complete RCC courses and prepare to transfer.

Eligible students must meet one of the following criteria: have been raised by parents or caregivers who have not earned a bachelor's degree, have financial barriers, or have a documented disability.

Students also must have completed or be enrolled in MTH65 and WR115. Services provided by University Transfer –TRiO SSS:

  • Academic and transfer advising.
  • Career guidance and financial literacy.
  • Peer tutoring and mentoring.
  • Scholarship and financial literacy workshops.
  • Study groups for college success.
  • Student lounge with computers and kitchen area.
  • University tours and cultural activities.
  • Tuition-free transfer classes.

Each TRiO Student Support Services program at Rogue Community College is funded by federal TRiO grants that average $233,792 per year.

Veterans Services

Veterans Services Mission Statement: Rogue Community College (RCC) Veterans Services provides a safe and professional environment for our student Veterans, dependents, families, active duty members, college community, and external partners by assisting students to achieve their educational and career goals. The staff seeks to guide, mentor, and advise student Veterans as they navigate higher education, select a career goal, complete college, and move into a professional career.

Veterans Services are available to RCC students in Jackson and Josephine counties.


Student Veterans receiving GI Bill® benefits while attending RCC are required to obtain official transcripts, military transcripts and all previously attended colleges, universities and technical schools. Student Veterans submitting transcripts will receive priority evaluation in an effort to not duplicate courses.

Send official transcripts to:
Rogue Community College
3345 Redwood Hwy
Grants Pass, OR 97527.

Getting started at RCC

For information about starting at RCC and obtaining Veterans Educational Benefits, visit the RCC Veterans Services website. The website will direct you to complete your FAFSA (Financial Aid) application. If you have questions on how to get started at RCC, please contact a Veterans Coordinator on the Redwood, Riverside, or Table Rock campuses.

RCC offers student Veterans assistance with the GI Bill® application process, priority registration, Boots to Books Orientation training, a student Veterans college success class, on and off campus Veterans Resource Centers (VRC), and VA Work-Study opportunities. Our Veterans Coordinators will help you make the transition from service member (and dependent) to a successful RCC student and graduate.

Apply for your Veterans Benefits

To apply for your Veterans Educational Benefits please visit at When you receive your Certificate of Eligibility, please see a Veterans Coordinator who will complete your Enrollment Certification Form 1999 and forward it to the VA for processing. Veterans Coordinators at RCC are unable to determine a student’s eligibility for benefits. Veterans are welcome to access Veterans Coordinators prior to receiving their Certificate of Eligibility or Enrollment Certification (Form 1999) for planning purposes.

Boots to Books Veterans Orientation

Veterans Services at RCC assists student Veterans who are utilizing their educational benefits to attend college. The Boots to Books orientation for new student Veterans is 30 minutes and mandatory when beginning at RCC. You will learn how to access benefits specific to your chapter, how to navigate the college systems, and find resources to compliment your college experience. Visit the Veterans Resource Center (VRC) to sign up.

CG100V College Success for Student Veterans

Rogue Community College’s (RCC) CG100V (Student Veterans’ College Success & Survival) class for student Veterans provides straightforward guidance for Veterans looking to earn a degree.

CG100V is a term-long, two-credit class (offered 11 weeks fall, winter, and spring terms.). This course is tuition and fee free for all student Veterans. Topics include:

  • The differences between military and college culture.
  • Developing effective, efficient study habits.
  • Career identification and degree planning.
  • Managing finances and maximizing benefits.
  • Cultivating the skills employers are seeking.

Veterans Resource Center

  • Redwood Campus - Student Center Building, 541-956-7289
  • Table Rock Campus, A Building, Room 150

Rogue Community College VRC Mission Statement:

At Rogue Community College our Veterans Resource Centers (VRC) are committed to assisting military students, dependents and spouses to transition successfully from the military environment to campus life as they learn to navigate through the education process and progress toward completing their academic degree. Assistance includes:

  • Financial aid and disability services.
  • GI bill application.
  • Peer-to-peer support.
  • Campus and RCC website navigation.
  • Scholarship applications.
  • myRogue student portal assistance.

VRCs offer student Veterans a collaborative and cooperative environment for every branch and era of service.

Priority Registration for Student Veterans

For Veterans, Active/Reserve Service Members, Dependents & Spouses Receiving VA Education Benefits. Are you a....

  • veteran
  • active or reserve service member
  • dependent receiving VA Education Benefits

Veterans, current members of the Armed Forces, and dependents/spouses receiving VA Education Benefits are given a one day priority registration for courses at Rogue Community College. RCC proudly complies with House Bill 2565, offering eligible student veterans and current military service member’s (including spouses & dependents) priority registration for each term.

Veterans Access, Choice, and Accountability Policy

The following individuals shall be charged the in-state rate, or otherwise considered a resident, for tuition and fees purposes:

  • A veteran using educational assistance under either chapter 30 (Montgomery GI Bill® - Active Duty Program) or chapter 33 (Post-9/11 GI Bill®), of title 38, United States Code, who lives in Oregon while attending a school located in Oregon (regardless of the student's formal State of residence) and enrolls in the school within three years of discharge or release from a period of active duty service of 90 days or more.
  • Anyone using transferred Post-9/11 GI Bill® benefits (38 U.S.C. § 3319) who lives in Oregon while attending a school located in Oregon (regardless of the student's formal state of residence) and enrolls in the school within three years of the transferor's discharge or release from a period of active duty service of 90 days or more.
  • Anyone described above while remaining continuously enrolled (other than during regularly scheduled breaks between courses, semesters or terms) at the same school. The person so described must have enrolled in the school prior to the expiration of the three year period following discharge or release as described above and must be using educational benefits under either chapter 30 or chapter 33 of title 38, United States Code.
  • Anyone using benefits under the Marine Gunnery Sergeant John David Fry Scholarship (38 U.S.C. § 3311(b)(9)) who lives in Oregon while attending a school located in Oregon (regardless of his or her formal State of residence).
  • Anyone using transferred Post-9/11 GI Bill® benefits (38 U.S.C. § 3319) who lives in Oregon while attending a school located in Oregon (regardless of the student's formal state of residence) and the transferor is a member of the uniformed service who is serving on active duty.
  • The policy shall be read to be amended as necessary to be compliant with the requirements of 38 U.S.C. 3679(c) as amended.

Voter registration

Rogue Community College is committed to promoting voter registration and civic engagement among our students. The Associated Student Government is an active force in this effort and works to ensure each student is aware of voter resources. For more information and to register online, visit