Before Registering for Classes each Term
Before registering for classes, you must check your degree audit to insure you are only taking classes that are required for the degree you are pursuing.
Degree Audit Instructions:
- Login to your myRogue page
- From the student resource list, click on degree audit
- Use the tools provided if you don’t understand how to use degree audit. All courses that you register for must still be required for the degree you have asked us to certify under for VA purposes.
- In the lower right side, any courses that fall under the “Satisfactory Non-Required Courses” section will not be certified for VA purposes unless they are a prerequisite for a course that is required for your degree.
Full-time equivalency and Rate of Pursuit:
- Chapters 30, 1607, 1606, 35, and 31
- Full-time equivalency is defined as regularly enrolled in 12 or more credit hours, with courses running the full length of the term. Housing stipends for students certified for less than full-time will be extended proportionately. Veterans registering for classes that meet less than the full term will be certified and paid based on the actual days the class is in session. Contact the Veteran Certifying Official for details or help determining credit loads for short term classes and during summer term.
- Full-time: 12 credits
- 1/2 time: 6 to 8 credits
- Less than 1/2 time: 5 credits or less
3/4 time: 9 to 11 credits
- Chapter 33
- Rate of pursuit applies specifically to chapter 33. It differs from training time, which is used for all other chapters. Schools certify actual credit. VA calculates rate of pursuit by dividing the number of credit (or credit hour equivalents) being pursued by the number of credit considered to be full-time by the school. The resulting percentage is the student’s rate of pursuit.
- Examples: If full-time is 12 credits, then rate of pursuit for:
- 7 credits (or credit equivalents) is 58% (7, 12 = 58%)
6 credits (or credit equivalents) is 50% (6, 12 = 50%)
- The housing allowance is paid if the student’s rate of pursuit is more than 50%. Rate of pursuit determines whether a student receives or doesn’t receive the housing allowance. If pursuit is more than 50% the student receives the housing allowance. If pursuit 50% or less the student doesn’t receive the housing allowance.
- Housing allowance is also payable to students enrolled solely in distance learning (other than those who are on active duty). This BAH will be calculated at 1/2 the national average BAH for an E-5 with dependents.