* EET courses shown above satisfy PH 361/362 for the major, but lower division credit will be given. At least 60 Upper Division credits are required for a Bachelor's degree.
Each EET course group must be completed entirely to receive SOU Physics credit as shown above. If either EET group is not completed entirely, elective credit will be given at SOU.
To view EET equivalencies on the SOU website, Click Here, Select RCC, then select "EET" from the list.
1. Students may select from several pathways within the Physics major. For a complete list of options, please visit Major Pathways
2. Students should complete the entire science sequences at RCC prior to transferring to SOU OR, complete the entire science sequence at SOU. NOTE: RCC and SOU teach the science sequences in different order. Completing a partial sequence prior to transfer may result in having to repeat one or more of the courses to meet the one year sequence.
1. To be admitted as a transfer student, resident applicants must have a minimum 2.25 GPA in 36 or more credits of acceptable college work. A maximum of 12 credits of physical education activity and team participation credits may be used in meeting transfer admissions requirements.
2. A transfer student with fewer than 36 transferable quarter credits must meet freshman admission requirements.
3. Foreign language requirement - Post 1996 GED holders, as well as applicants who graduated from high school in 1997 or later are required to have completed (with a C- grade or better) two years of study in a second language OR two terms of a second language at the college level or achieved satisfactory performance on an approved second language proficiency assessment (ASL is acceptable).
4. Students who are not completing the AAOT may want to consider the Oregon Transfer Module (see RCC advising guide) OR the SOU University Studies option. Click on the SOU general education link below for course requirements.
NOTE: University requirements may change without notice. Students are responsible for working with RCC advisors or counselors and their transfer institution to ensure the accuracy of their academic plan.
General Education Website
Transfer Equivalency Website