Formal admission into the SBA is required. The following requirements must be fulfilled prior to applying for admission to the School of Business Administration:
1. Be formally admitted to PSU.
2. Have a cumulative GPA of at least 2.75 for all transfer credits, all
PSU graded credits, and all PSU graded business credits.
3. Completed each of the courses under 'required courses' with a grade of at least C- or higher. These courses are referred to as Conceptual Tools Courses in the SBA.
4. The School of Business Administration offers the following options:
Accounting, Finance, General Management, Human Resource Management, Information Systems, Marketing, Advertising Management, Supply and Logistics Management.
As of Fall 2014:
1. Students will be granted automatic admission by opting in to the SBA upon
admission to PSU, regardless of courses completed or GPA. All students who meet the PSU requirements for admission will meet the requirements for SBA admission.
a. Students will need to maintain good academic standing according to the
School of Business Retention Policy for all courses at PSU (2.50 PSU GPA
and 2.50 SBA GPA at PSU).
b. Students will still need the “pre-business” classes as prerequisites for upper level business courses, they are simply no longer admission requirements.
2. Computer Science (CS) 106 – Computing Fundamentals II – will no longer be a requirement for all students using the Fall 2014 PSU Bulletin/catalog requirements. Students using an earlier bulletin/catalog who have not yet completed CS 106 should speak to their academic advisor in the School of Business at PSU to determine whether they may be able to graduate without CS 106.
1. Accounting majors must also take: Phl 202 Ethics, PS 201 and 202 U.S. Government and 3 credits of Anthropology, Psychology or Sociology.
2. Students transferring with the AAOT or ASOT have completed all lower-division general education requirements. However, students will be required to complete the University Studies requirements. This is a general education program that is specific only to PSU, and the courses required are based upon the number of transfer credits. Students are strongly encouraged to consult with a PSU adviser in the Community College Relations Office.
3. To be admitted as a transfer student, resident applicants must have a minimum GPA of 2.00 in 30 quarter credits of transferable college work from a regionally accredited institution.
NOTE: University requirements may change without notice. Students are responsible for working with RCC advisers or counselors and their transfer institution to ensure the accuracy of their academic plan.
General Education Website