Dental Assisting II Lab (Fall 2023)
- Course ID
- TRC, Table Rock Campus, White City
- Fall 2023 lasts from Monday, September 25, 2023 to Friday, December 8, 2023
- Provides hands-on, clinical instruction for students to demonstrate their capabilities and understanding of the dental assistant's role through clinical evaluation in a lab setting. Tasks practiced include use of dental terminology, dental tray set-up, recognition of instruments used by dentists, basic chairside procedures, assisting during restorative treatment, fourhanded dentistry, and chair-side charting. Students are introduced to the various day-to-day operations within a dental office including infection control, management of hazardous waste, sterilization equipment techniques, theory and terminology, treatment room disinfection, and dental asepsis techniques. In addition, the course will provide the student with practice in the major dental specialties of oral surgery, endodontics, periodontics, prosthodontics, and orthodontics.
- Hybrid Classes: This course will run in hybrid format with some course content delivered in person and some online. Specific schedules will be sent out to students on what sessions to attend prior to the class starting. Information about Web-based classes and required orientations can be found at https://roguecc.blackboard.com.
- Book Cost Notes
- This section has no required book costs. There may be optional materials.
- Estimated Tuition
- Estimated Fees