Skip to main content
Core and Cardio (Fall 2022)
- Course ID
- Distance Learning (Web Courses)
- Fall 2022 lasts from Monday, September 19, 2022 to Friday, December 2, 2022
- Offers a variety of methods to achieve a stronger core and greater cardiac performance: weighted workout, kick boxing, circuit training, dance aerobics, step aerobics, and interval training are used to strengthen and increase metabolism, heart circulation, and lung capacity. Stretching, Pilates mat work, and the use of balls, weights and exercise bands to tone, strengthen, and develop the core, will also be employed. Short lectures will cover: the benefits of exercise, proper breathing and execution of exercises, prevention and care of exercise-related injuries, diet, physiology, major muscle group and body terms, and information on related health issues. Course is repeatable.
- Web classes: Offered as a Web-based class over the Internet. Information about Web-based classes and required orientations can be found at https://roguecc.blackboard.com. All online teachers expect students to participate in the class by Wednesday of the first week of the term. Students not participating during the first week may be subject to administrative drop. Check the syllabus and course orientation for participation requirements. Students may be required to have a web cam and audio capabilities on their computer for online courses.
- HPER: Students should wear clothing that allows for full range of movement, and classes that are held in gym require non-marking shoes. Modest workout attire required, no short-shorts, tank or muscle shirts allowed.
- Book Cost Notes
This section has no required book costs. There may be optional materials.
- Estimated Tuition
- Estimated Fees