Skip to main content
Exploring Music: Introduction to Music History (Fall 2022)
- Course ID
(Full, Waitlist Available)
- Distance Learning (Web Courses)
- Fall 2022 lasts from Monday, September 19, 2022 to Friday, December 2, 2022
- Waitlist Details
- 5 out of 5 available (0 slots used)
- Explores the history of Western European music from the Middle Ages to the 20th century. It is an overview of musical genres, styles, forms, and practices that were embraced in each period. Examines the way historical events, cultural trends, or technical inventions affected the musical trend in each era. Emphasis is on cultivating critical listening and comprehension skills through musical examples, learning from lectures, documentaries, recordings, and reading of the textbook. No musical background is required.
- Web classes: Offered as a Web-based class over the Internet. Information about Web-based classes and required orientations can be found at https://roguecc.blackboard.com. All online teachers expect students to participate in the class by Wednesday of the first week of the term. Students not participating during the first week may be subject to administrative drop. Check the syllabus and course orientation for participation requirements. Students may be required to have a web cam and audio capabilities on their computer for online courses.
- Book Cost Notes
- Estimated Tuition
- Estimated Fees