Skip to main content
Crisis Intervention and Management for Emergency Services Workers (Fall 2021)
- Course ID
- Distance Learning (Web Courses)
- Fall 2021 lasts from Monday, September 20, 2021 to Friday, December 3, 2021
- Focuses on the practical application of psychology in everyday situations including crises encountered in a variety of settings related to public safety workers. Presents materials on the communication and interaction with people in various crisis situations, death and death notification, suicide, behavioral emergencies, abuse, and stress. A great deal of time is spent on strategies for the personal health and wellness of the Emergency Services Worker. Techniques on the initial intervention, defusing and assessment, self-care, and referral in crisis are included.
- Web classes: Offered as a Web-based class over the Internet. Information about Web-based classes and required orientations can be found at https://roguecc.blackboard.com. All online teachers expect students to participate in the class by Wednesday of the first week of the term. Students not participating during the first week may be subject to administrative drop. Check the syllabus and course orientation for participation requirements. Students may be required to have a web cam and audio capabilities on their computer for online courses.
- or BT113
- or ACCUPLACER Sentence Skills Score: 95
- Book Cost Notes
- Estimated Tuition
- Estimated Fees