Skip to main content
Introduction to Mechatronics (Summer 2021)
- Course ID
- TRC, Table Rock Campus, White City
- Summer 2021 lasts from Monday, July 12, 2021 to Thursday, September 2, 2021
- Uses a Parallax Boe-Bot as the centerpiece for students learning mechanical assembly, programming, and motion control in automated systems. Introduces digital concepts including binary number systems and basic logic as well as concepts and components in DC electronics fundamentals. Includes fundamentals of programming in PBasic; instruction on how to interface input/output ports to LEDs, sensors, and audio piezo speaker elements; and electrical assembly techniques, safety, and soldering of through-hole and surface mount components. Students design, program and implement final Boe-Bot projects to demonstrate course content mastery.
- EET: The lab attendance expectation for all EET courses (except EET113) is that students will attend the same number of hours per week in the lab as the number of credits of the course(s) they are enrolled in. For example, a three credit class requires 3 hours of lab attendance per week, where a 5 credit course has a 5 hour weekly lab attendance requirement. The onsite lab hour requirement can be reduced if the student documents doing successful lab work offsite.
- or ACCUPLACER Arithmetic Score: 75
- or ACCUPLACER Elementary Algebra Score: 20
- or ACCUPLACER College Algebra Score: 1
- or WR90
- or WR91
- or ACCUPLACER Sentence Skills Score: 70
- Book Cost Notes
- Estimated Tuition
- Estimated Fees