Skip to main content
Women and Weights: Weight Control and Strength Improvement (Spring 2021)
- Course ID
- Distance Learning (Web Courses)
- Spring 2021 lasts from Monday, April 5, 2021 to Friday, June 18, 2021
- Focuses on empowering women and men with the basics of weight training and various modes of fitness, with a special focus on the physiology of the woman's body. The benefits of safe, effective, and progressive strength training will be emphasized. Topics in the course will include enhanced strength, muscle tone, increased metabolism, enhanced energy levels and reduction of depression symptoms. Each week a new mode of fitness will be introduced or incorporated into a progressively expanding circuit of exercises. These circuit activities will rotate on a regular schedule. Every class will end with a cool-down, stretching, and relaxation. Short lecture sections will cover the benefits of exercise, proper breathing and execution of exercises, prevention and care of exercise related injuries, diet, physiology, major muscle groups and body terms, and information on related health issues. Course is repeatable.
- Web classes: Offered as a Web-based class over the Internet. Information about Web-based classes and required orientations can be found at https://roguecc.blackboard.com. All online teachers expect students to participate in the class by Wednesday of the first week of the term. Students not participating during the first week may be subject to administrative drop. Check the syllabus and course orientation for participation requirements. Students may be required to have a web cam and audio capabilities on their computer for online courses.
- PE185WWT: Required Zoom orientation meeting on Tuesday, April 6 at 1:30pm. Zoom link will be provided by instructor.
- Book Cost Notes
This section has no required book costs. There may be optional materials.
- Estimated Tuition
- Estimated Fees