Skip to main content
Beginning Rock Climbing (Spring 2021)
- Course ID
- Spring 2021 lasts from Monday, April 5, 2021 to Friday, June 18, 2021
- Covers the basic skills needed to explore and respect the wilderness while perfecting the ability to climb rock faces safely. The skills necessary to plan equipment and make informed choices in a wilderness environment will be covered and include: equipment, knots, safety, training, stretching, skills and techniques, belaying, top rope anchors, rappelling and team work. The course will include several venues and a field trip for successful completion of the course. Students will be expected to share the cost of food and gas, and will be responsible for their own rock climbing gear including rentals if necessary. Course is repeatable. Prerequisite: Physical abilities and strength to climb rock surfaces.
- HPER: Students who want to use the gym and/or weight room must have a current RCC student identification card.
- HPER: Fees are non-refundable after 4/8/2022.
- HPER: Class held in gym so students should wear non-marking shoes.
- PE185RCB: Zoom orientation first week of term. Instructor will contact for times and dates. Class held at three locations throughout the term: Friday, April 8 at the Redwood Campus gym (1 week); Fridays, April 15 - May 27 at the Grants Pass YMCA, 1000 Redwood Highway (7 weeks); and Saturday May 28, at Emigrant Lake area, 8am.-5pm. Saturday trip required to successfully pass the course. Students must pay a facility use fee for the climbing wall. It is to be paid directly to the YMCA: $40 for YMCA members, and $60 for all non-YMCA members. Student accounts will be charged an additional $155 for this wilderness adventure class. For more information contact Mr. Carlino at 541-761-1059 or email@example.com. Fees are non-refundable after April 8, 2022.
- Book Cost Notes
- Estimated Tuition
- Estimated Fees