Skip to main content
Backpacking (Spring 2021)
- Course ID
|Tu F Sa Su||TBA||TBA||S. Carlino|
- Spring 2021 lasts from Monday, April 5, 2021 to Friday, June 18, 2021
- Teaches the skills to travel and camp with quality and style, while exploring and respecting the wilderness. The skills necessary to plan equipment and food for group trips as well as the skills to make informed choices in a wilderness environment will be covered. There will be a required planning/backpacking principles orientation in order to prepare for a mountain backpacking trip to an Oregon wilderness area. Students will be expected to share the cost of food and gas and will be responsible for their own backpacking gear including rental if necessary. Course is repeatable.
- Underage students will only be allowed to enroll and participate in the class if the college has documentation that they will be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian, either as co-enrollees in the class (audit or graded), or who are onsite and will assume responsibility for the underage student from the point the class ends for the day until the next day's class begins during the overnight adventure.
- PE185BPA: Mandatory Zoom orientation is Tuesday, April 6 from 6-9pm. Outdoor Oregon wilderness experience in southwestern area mountains is June 4-6. Student accounts will be charged an additional $155 for this wilderness adventure. Transportation is not provided to trailhead. Students will provide their own food and most of the required equipment. Some equipment is available and students may want to share stoves, etc., to reduce carried weight. For more information, contact Mr. Carlino at 541-761-1059 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- HPER: Students who want to use the gym and/or weight room must have a current RCC student identification card.
- HPER: Fees are non-refundable after 4/8/2022.
- Book Cost Notes
- Estimated Tuition
- Estimated Fees