Skip to main content
Advanced Operating Systems - Linux (Spring 2021)
- Course ID
- Distance Learning (Web Courses)
- Spring 2021 lasts from Monday, April 5, 2021 to Friday, June 18, 2021
- This course is intended for students who want to learn about the Linux operating system and prepare to pass the Linux+ certification exam from CompTIA. It does not assume any prior knowledge of Linux and is geared toward those interested in systems administration as well as those who will use or develop programs for Linux systems. The course provides comprehensive coverage of topics related to Linux administration, including Linux distributions, installation, application management, X-Windows, cloud technologies, networking, and security. Formerly offered as CIS240L.
- Web classes: Offered as a Web-based class over the Internet. Information about Web-based classes and required orientations can be found at https://roguecc.blackboard.com. All online teachers expect students to participate in the class by Wednesday of the first week of the term. Students not participating during the first week may be subject to administrative drop. Check the syllabus and course orientation for participation requirements. Students may be required to have a web cam and audio capabilities on their computer for online courses.
- Students must have access to a PC that meets or exceeds the following requirements: 4GB RAM, 40GB free hard drive space, download bandwidth 5+Mbps, Multi-core CPU 1.8+GHz, 1366 x 768 or greater display and Hardware Virtualization (VT-x) enabled.
- Book Cost Notes
- Estimated Tuition
- Estimated Fees