Skip to main content
Introduction to Sociology (Spring 2021)
- Course ID
- Distance Learning (Web Courses)
- Spring 2021 lasts from Monday, April 5, 2021 to Friday, June 18, 2021
- Surveys theories and findings of sociology, including culture, individuals and groups, socialization, stratification and social control. It is designed to acquaint students with the social forces that impact the lives of individuals. Close attention is paid to social class, gender, and race as they impact life experiences. Focus is primarily on U.S. and Western societies, with some cross-cultural comparisons. Fulfills cultural literacy requirement within the Associate of Arts Oregon Transfer degree.
- Web classes: Offered as a Web-based class over the Internet. Information about Web-based classes and required orientations can be found at https://roguecc.blackboard.com. All online teachers expect students to participate in the class by Wednesday of the first week of the term. Students not participating during the first week may be subject to administrative drop. Check the syllabus and course orientation for participation requirements. Students may be required to have a web cam and audio capabilities on their computer for online courses.
- or BT113
- or ACCUPLACER Sentence Skills Score: 95
- Book Cost Notes
- Estimated Tuition
- Estimated Fees