Skip to main content
Wilderness Navigation (Spring 2021)
- Course ID
- Spring 2021 lasts from Monday, April 5, 2021 to Friday, June 18, 2021
- Uses a classroom setting to preview and cover the types of land forms that will be seen in the wilderness to prepare students for understanding real life navigation complexes. Introduces students to wilderness navigation including how to orient, navigate, and route-find in a wilderness setting using maps, compass, altimeter and GPS. It also requires students to demonstrate competency in a field setting.
- Hybrid Classes: This course will run in hybrid format with some course content delivered in person and some online. Specific schedules will be sent out to students on what sessions to attend prior to the class starting. Information about Web-based classes and required orientations can be found at https://roguecc.blackboard.com.
- OAL: Required Zoom orientation Monday, April 5th at 8:00pm. Class is a mixed Zoom and in-person format. Class will meet at local area on Fridays, at off-site locations from 1-3:50pm; as well as 3 Fridays where the class will be scheduled meet from1-6pm for field navigation practice off campus. Some meetings will be Zoom and are required, from 1-3:50pm.Students are also required to meet for one full day practicum on Saturday, May 15th from 8am-5pm. Students may choose to carpool, but are responsible for own transportation. See instructor for details, Mr. Carlino (541)761-1059.
- or BT113
- or ACCUPLACER Sentence Skills Score: 95
- Book Cost Notes
- Estimated Tuition
- Estimated Fees